ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with the new ID cards

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhs_UK
Newly Registered

ILR with the new ID cards

Post by mhs_UK » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Hello all,

We're applying for the ILR (in person) of my wife next month who's already issued with the new ID card for foreign nationals. My questions is if the in person applicants receive the ILR endorsed on their passports or ILR is endorsed on the ID card for foreign nationals? if endorsed on ID card, would they give back the ID card same day or they send it by post?

Sorry for asking too many questions but would appreciate if someone knows or have experience of applying for ILR after the introduction of ID cards for foreign nationals.

Many thanks,
MHS

rizwan_ali

Re: ILR with the new ID cards

Post by rizwan_ali » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:32 pm

mhs_UK wrote:Hello all,

We're applying for the ILR (in person) of my wife next month who's already issued with the new ID card for foreign nationals. My questions is if the in person applicants receive the ILR endorsed on their passports or ILR is endorsed on the ID card for foreign nationals? if endorsed on ID card, would they give back the ID card same day or they send it by post?

Sorry for asking too many questions but would appreciate if someone knows or have experience of applying for ILR after the introduction of ID cards for foreign nationals.

Many thanks,
MHS
When you will apply for ILR in person you wont be issued the ID card you will get stamp on the passport as i understand just have a look this link

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ategories2

mhs_UK
Newly Registered

Post by mhs_UK » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks Rizwan,

As I mentioned, my wife has already been issued with the ID card as we had to apply for her FLR to top up another 6 weeks visa to complete 2 years on spouse visa. Anyway it would be interesting to find out if someone has been issued with an ILR recently who also had an ID Card

MHS

rizwan_ali

Post by rizwan_ali » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 pm

mhs_UK wrote:Thanks Rizwan,

As I mentioned, my wife has already been issued with the ID card as we had to apply for her FLR to top up another 6 weeks visa to complete 2 years on spouse visa. Anyway it would be interesting to find out if someone has been issued with an ILR recently who also had an ID Card

MHS
I never heard anybody issued an ID card with ILR because UKBA already said that who are seeking or who already had ILR will remain uneffected with the changes. but again lets see and wait.

But one thing is clear if your wife need another 6 mounth to become eligible for ILR then definitly be apply FLR and they will issue the ID card.

mhs_UK
Newly Registered

Post by mhs_UK » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:33 pm

She already got FLR and ID card and we're applying for her ILR next month

rizwan_ali

Post by rizwan_ali » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:53 pm

mhs_UK wrote:She already got FLR and ID card and we're applying for her ILR next month
Ok then she will be processed normally i dont think so she will be issued the ID card again because at the moment only issuing the card for just to leave to remain the person who seeking indefinite leave to remain will remain uneffected with the changes according to UKBA.try the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/manag ... nationals/

Who receives the card from November 2008?
On 25 November 2008, we started issuing identity cards to foreign nationals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who are given permission to extend their stay in the United Kingdom as:

students and their dependants (using application form FLR(S); and
husbands, wives, civil partners, or unmarried or same-sex partners of permanent residents, and the applicant's dependants (using application form FLR(M).
We will continue to put a sticker (vignette) in the passports of other applicants, and the two systems will run alongside each other as we phase in identity cards for other foreign nationals over the next few years. Our publication Introducing Identity Cards for Foreign Nationals, published in March 2008, details the roll-out strategy for the cards. By 2015, we expect 90% of nationals from outside the EEA or Switzerland to have an identity card for foreign nationals.