ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Embassy, Schngen Visa, Any experience?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gsoni
Newly Registered

German Embassy, Schngen Visa, Any experience?

Post by Gsoni » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:54 pm

HI,

I want to apply for a visa to Germany, but I just had few question:

If they refuse me a visa will they stamp my passport with a refusal stamp or anything like that?

I lost my Job lately(credit crunch) but have more than enough funds to support myself financially. Do you think that will make any difference?

I currently hold ILR and have family in the UK, who will not accompany me.

Does anyone have previous experience in the german embassy?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:44 am

They will not stamp your passport if they do not issue the visa. Why do you think there will be a problem?

Typically they care whether you have enough money to support yourself on the trip. And health insurance. (Neither of these are important if you are the family member of an EU citizen who you will be travelling with)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:36 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:They will not stamp your passport if they do not issue the visa. Why do you think there will be a problem?

Typically they care whether you have enough money to support yourself on the trip. And health insurance. (Neither of these are important if you are the family member of an EU citizen who you will be travelling with)

We've been to German Embassy for visa - they are quite curt and matter-of-fact, and didn't even bother with the most of the documentation we were asked to provide, just filled a new form in and took bits of it.

Don't forget the ridiculous 0906 number to make the appointment with will cost around £15 and the if you live outside the South/Midlands it can be quite difficult to get to the Embassy in time - the range of appointments is quite narrow. We had to get the overnight bus from Manchester, not a pleasant experience, a den of thieves and vagabonds. We thought about the train but cos of the limited amount of time the only one we could get costs a whacking £280 ea so the bus it was!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....