ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

information of spouse visa to come to ireland from sweden

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zose
Newly Registered

information of spouse visa to come to ireland from sweden

Post by zose » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:00 pm

hi dear,
could you plz tell me information about visa to come to ireland.actually we got married in poland but my wife is living in ireland and myself is non eu national living in sweden on a residence permit.she is working full time in ireland and she is eu national.i recently finished my study in sweden and i want to apply a visa to go to ireland to live permanently with my wife now.so anybody can tell me that what type of visa do i need to apply?can i travel from sweden to ireland without of my wife because she is already working and living in ireland?or do i need to travel with my wife together to ireland?will i get a different visa if i travel without of my wife?
i will be very thankful to you if anyone can help with me in this matter.thanks a lot.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:55 am

You do not need to travel with your wife to join her in Ireland. Though it is worth having her meet you at the airport if you are travelling alone.

You will need to show proof that you are married and that you are going to join her.

What country are you from? Do you need a visa to enter Ireland?

zose
Newly Registered

Post by zose » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:37 am

thanks very much for that.i am from srilanka origanally and i need a visa to come to ireland.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 pm

You need to be clear on all forms and in all communication with the Irish that you are a "family member of an EU citizen who is exercising treaty rights in Ireland" and that you are "joining your spouse in Ireland".

I would apply for a multiple entry visa for Ireland, so that you can come and go with ease. The visa should be issued quickly and you need pay no fee. You do not need to provide any information about how much money either of you make, what or how you work, or how much money you have -- none of the information is important for making a decision on your case.

If you have any problems, be sure to let us know and immediately get Solvit involved http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/

catussa
Newly Registered

Post by catussa » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Interesting enough that my friend was refused a EUFAM visa because she forgot to include her employment contract in the application. they told her on the phone that she could appeal and by providing her employment contract (and evidence that she worked at the time she applied) she would be granted the EUFAM visa. Bad world, bet that is against the EU Treaty rights :roll:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 pm

catussa wrote:Interesting enough that my friend was refused a EUFAM visa because she forgot to include her employment contract in the application. they told her on the phone that she could appeal and by providing her employment contract (and evidence that she worked at the time she applied) she would be granted the EUFAM visa. Bad world, bet that is against the EU Treaty rights :roll:
Were they interested in the employment contract of the EU citizen or of the family member?

zose
Newly Registered

Post by zose » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:27 am

kk