ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee PSW Visa - Application and right to marry in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mikeygow
Newly Registered

Fiancee PSW Visa - Application and right to marry in the UK

Post by mikeygow » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi all,

I've checked previous posts and many are very helpful. However, I just want to ask a couple of questions for clarification:

1. My fiancee completed her PhD and graudated Dec 2008. She is now going to apply for a PSW before her student visa expires in April.

As she will be applying in the UK, she will only need £800 maintainence showing in her account for three months prior to the application date? Is this correct. I had read it was £2800.

2. Once my fiancee has got a PSW, will we be able to get married in the UK. I am a UK born, UK citizen. If not, we'll get married in China, but would like to have the options of getting the paperwork done here.

Hope you can clarify these points for me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Mike

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Fiancee PSW Visa - Application and right to marry in the

Post by Diokpa » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:48 pm

mikeygow wrote:Hi all,

I've checked previous posts and many are very helpful. However, I just want to ask a couple of questions for clarification:

1. My fiancee completed her PhD and graudated Dec 2008. She is now going to apply for a PSW before her student visa expires in April.

As she will be applying in the UK, she will only need £800 maintainence showing in her account for three months prior to the application date? Is this correct. I had read it was £2800.

2. Once my fiancee has got a PSW, will we be able to get married in the UK. I am a UK born, UK citizen. If not, we'll get married in China, but would like to have the options of getting the paperwork done here.

Hope you can clarify these points for me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Mike
Since she will be applying from the UK, she will need to show she's maintained a balance of 800 pounds in her account. And once she gets it, you both can get married here but I think she needs to get some kind of certificate from the HO...can anyone confirm that please? Good Luck and congrats on your marriage.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

mikeygow
Newly Registered

Post by mikeygow » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi

Thanks for quick reply.

I know about the certificates. Its just that there's nothing to say whether she has to be in the UK on fiance visa in order to obtain the Certificate of Approval (CoA)

If she's here on a PSW visa, will we have problems getting the CoA??

If anyone can shine any light on this, much appreciated.

Mike

rockyloveday
Newly Registered

Post by rockyloveday » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:28 pm

mikeygow wrote:Hi

Thanks for quick reply.

I know about the certificates. Its just that there's nothing to say whether she has to be in the UK on fiance visa in order to obtain the Certificate of Approval (CoA)

Mike
Hi,
i dn't think its gona b any problem to get COA on psw visa but again depend on u r circumstance

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:51 am

mikeygow wrote:Hi

Thanks for quick reply.

Mike
As long as she is here on a "Resident Permit", which means as long as it isn't a visiting visa then she should be able to get the CoA.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown