ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post graduate education

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jjloubser
Newly Registered

Post graduate education

Post by jjloubser » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:02 am

I have seen quite a few examples of NON EU students logging a query wrt the whole student visa process & I get the feeling that certain "colleges" target non EU students, promise them the world & at the end of the day do not deliver a propper education. I can only presume that the authorities are also getting quite wary of this Visa route.

My question relates to genuine study oppertunities at the major irish universities, especially post graduate studies. Say I finish my initial degree in my home country of South Africa & then get the oppertunity to study a Masters at a top University like Trinity - surely this would be seen as above board. But being post grad in most cases means that the student may have a family (wife & kids) that needs to accompany him/her for the year - how do the authorities view this & is it then actually possible to bring your family along when doing post graduate studies and can the spouse/dependant partake in casual employ? i just thinkl that it is a long time to sit around and wait for your spouse to finish their studies, but you yourself cannot take up employment.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi,

I hope this will clear some of your questions:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP08000025

I guess if you bring your spouse, you must proof that you can support her, she would not be allowed to work and would get stamp 3. Your kids would probably not be allowed to attend public school, and you would have to pay for private school fees.
But that's what I can gather from this page. maybe somebody has an actual experience.