ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarised Documents

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Walsh clan
Newly Registered

Notarised Documents

Post by Walsh clan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Would appreciate a little help as I am new to this board. We have received our application number and now need to submit same plus the extra required documents to CIC UK within 120 days - my husband is the principal applicant. I was about to get all documentation notarised but now think that this may not be necessary? My list a present to be notarised includes:-
Biopage of passports for three of us
Birth certs for all three
Marriage Cert
All trade documentation for my husband (electrician)
Qualification Certs for me
Current contracts for both myself and my husband
Valuers report
Mortgage statements
Asset reports (policies/timeshare points etc)

Is this over the top? Or necessary?

Please advise? Thanks!

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:02 pm

hi

I sent my documents last month. Not a single document was not notrasied. The letter I got just said 'copies'. But I sent following documetns original (police certificates, IELTS score. Bankstatments, Payslips, Job letters, final degree transcript). The copies I sent (passport for two of us, birth certificates, marriage certificate, educational documents, copies of passport of our unlce in Canada with his orginal bankstatment)
I haven't been in touch by CHC london yet.
Thinking low is crime....

Walsh clan
Newly Registered

Post by Walsh clan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for your response!

I have just checked the letter sent and the checklist for UK and have answered my own question, it states that we should not send originals but notarised copies of all documents except the police certificate, which must be the original.

Thanks again.

Bailies
Newly Registered

Post by Bailies » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi

I shopped around when getting my docs notarised, I was lucky to find a solicitor we knew who notarised all our docs for free but some of the ones I priced were going to charge £70 for first doc and £25 for each one after that which was astronomical when you look at everything that needed done.

I just noticed recently though that the post office have started to do notarising at a very reasonable £6.85 for 3.

Hope this helps
Susan

Walsh clan
Newly Registered

Post by Walsh clan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Thanks Susan,

I priced around and am now getting all documentation doen by a commissioner for oaths, who will do the entire lot (and there are a lot!) for €60.
Bailies wrote:Hi

I shopped around when getting my docs notarised, I was lucky to find a solicitor we knew who notarised all our docs for free but some of the ones I priced were going to charge £70 for first doc and £25 for each one after that which was astronomical when you look at everything that needed done.

I just noticed recently though that the post office have started to do notarising at a very reasonable £6.85 for 3.

Hope this helps
Susan

captain74

Post by captain74 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Walsh clan / Bailies

Can you please post the relevant details

1.for the commissioner of oaths and

captain74

Post by captain74 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:40 pm

apologies - clearly, I pressed some funny button on the keyboard!

Can you please post the relevant details

1. For the oath commissioner

2. The process to get documents notarised from the post office

Thanks

Walsh clan
Newly Registered

Post by Walsh clan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 am

Sure, I can answer part 1.

If you read the information below, it says that those outside of Canada can use a commissioner for oaths or a public notary. Here in Ireland, and in the UK, you need separate qualifications to be a public notary, which is why it is so costly to get them to sign documents. However, if you check your local directory, you will see that many solicitors offices will have one person who is a Commissioner for Oaths and in my instance it work out at €2 a sheet. I ensured that it was signed, dated, stamped with the name of the person and address of the office and written clearly on each sheet "I certify that this is a true copy of the original document".

Certified copies or notarized documents

To have a copy certified, an authorized person must compare the original
document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
•
‘‘I certify that this is a true copy of the original document’’
•
the name of the original document
•
the date of the certification
•
his or her name
•
his or her official position or title
•
his or her signature

Who can certify copies?
People authorized to certify copies include the following:

Outside Canada:
•
a judge
•
a magistrate
•
a notary public
•
an officer of a court of justice
•
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Bailies
Newly Registered

Post by Bailies » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 am

The Post Office® Identity Checking Service is for customers that need to have photocopies of identity documents certified as being a true likeness of the original. For a fee of £6.85* we will check up to a maximum of 3 original documents against the photocopies and certify each photocopy as a true likeness of the original document.

check out this website
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/c ... d=52100693

didnt actually use this service, only discovered it after my final documents were submitted

Good Luck