ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel implications after TIER 1..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ireallywish09

Travel implications after TIER 1..

Post by ireallywish09 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 am

Hi,

I got my TIER 1 VISA stamped on 4TH Feb 09, and i am planning to travel in the first week of June....
Is there any rule, such that one needs to make his first travel to UK within a particular time period from the stamping date?
And what are the implications of travelling as late as 4 months from the stamping date on the chances of getting an ILR?

Thanks in advance for your help

bluecanvas
Newly Registered

Post by bluecanvas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:23 am

Yes, some one comment on this please. I am also looking for answer of ireallywish09's question.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:56 am

There are lots of threads on this who have been responded by seniors. So it is encouraged to search first before asking.

In short, you can travel as long as you got valid on your passport. yes it will impact on getting ILR, you have to be in Uk for five years to be eligible for ILR, if you travel late you will have to file another FLR, 3+2+2.
Hope this helps
Kaff

bluecanvas
Newly Registered

Post by bluecanvas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks Kaff for your reply. Yes, it was helpful.

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 pm

As far as i know ILR allows you to be out of country for 3 months continous and total 6 months in the whole 5 years span. I am thinking if you travel within 3 months of your initial Leave it should be fine for ILR..

bluecanvas
Newly Registered

Post by bluecanvas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:35 am

Thanks nksg for your reply.

If you can give some detail about total 6 months, as whether these include the first 3 months of continuous period or not. If we land in UK after 3 months of stamping visa, then we only have 3 months left or we still have 6 months with 3 continuous months?

Thanks again.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:59 am

nksg wrote:As far as i know ILR allows you to be out of country for 3 months continous and total 6 months in the whole 5 years span. I am thinking if you travel within 3 months of your initial Leave it should be fine for ILR..
That's not true. The clock for ILR starts when you enter the UK and not from the date of the visa. So in the above poster's situation, if his Visa was stamped in Feb 09 and he entered the UK in June 09, then he would be eligible for ILR in June 2014 (or may be a month earlier) and not February 2014. That, of course, assumes that all other conditions will be met and also on the new bill winging its way around the House of Lords...