ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the EEA2, I am Spanish and my husband African

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rosanoko
Newly Registered

Applying for the EEA2, I am Spanish and my husband African

Post by rosanoko » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:43 am

Hi there,
I am a bit confused, I am Spanish and got married to my husband who is from equatorial guinea, last october. He has got residence in Spain. I have been working for an English company based in London for the past two years. If I am to apply for the EEA2 for my husband, Can I do it from the uk, as I am living here, but he only has a visitor's visa, so he can come to see me now and then.
I hope someone can help me.
Many thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for the EEA2, I am Spanish and my husband Afric

Post by Plum70 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:49 am

rosanoko wrote:I am Spanish and got married to my husband who is from equatorial guinea, last october. He has got residence in Spain. I have been working for an English company based in London for the past two years. If I am to apply for the EEA2 for my husband, Can I do it from the uk, as I am living here, but he only has a visitor's visa, so he can come to see me now and then.
Your hubby can apply for a UK residence card (using form EEA2) only if he is physically present in the UK and plans to continue residing there with you.

If he is currently still in Spain (and his UK visit visa expires) then he would need to apply for a EEA Family permit from the BHC in Spain (as he is a visa national) to enable him enter the UK. After which he can then take the EEA2 route.

rosanoko
Newly Registered

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Post by rosanoko » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. My husband is coming at the end of march and his visa is not expiring until june, so we should be ok.
Once again thank you, cause I almost applied for the settlement working visa where you have to pay almost £500!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH

Post by Plum70 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 am

Once again thank you, cause I almost applied for the settlement working visa where you have to pay almost £500!
No! Don't even think about it! :o All applications under EU law are free of charge.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH

Post by sakura » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 pm

rosanoko wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. My husband is coming at the end of march and his visa is not expiring until june, so we should be ok.
How long have you lived in the UK (and in what capacities)? Have you been a Spanish (EU) citizen throughout?

edro

Re: Applying for the EEA2, I am Spanish and my husband Afric

Post by edro » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:10 pm

[quote="rosanoko"]Hi there,
I am a bit confused, I am Spanish and got married to my husband who is from equatorial guinea, last october. He has got residence in Spain. I have been working for an English company based in London for the past two years. If I am to apply for the EEA2 for my husband, Can I do it from the uk, as I am living here, but he only has a visitor's visa, so he can come to see me now and then.
I hope someone can help me.
Many thanks[/quote]
hi
probably you need to send eea1 for you and eea2 for him at the same time (when you make your applications he must be in the uk and you should be working or studying and have a proper address wehre to stay )
regards