ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa multiple entry? possible to get it?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mira3000
Newly Registered

schengen visa multiple entry? possible to get it?

Post by mira3000 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:33 am

Hi,

I have a couple of questions that I wish I get an answer for before my appointment for the schengen visa in the French Embassy on Tuesday 24 Feb:

2 plans for my trip:

* I have return train tickets by eurostar + accomodation + travel insurance (medical included) already booked from 28 March-30 March 2009 to Paris

* I am planning another seperate entry to Switzerland in May. This will be by invitation from my brother who lives there. Haven't decided on specific dates.

1) So would the french embassy ask me to specify dates or have the flight now to switzerland booked?

2) Because I will be applying from the French Embassy, Can I stay more than 3 days in Switzerland (eg. 4 days) knowing that I will only be staying 3 days in France.

3) regarding travel insurance, I need to know for how long I need to book it. Because France trip's travel insurance already booked, but because I don't know If I will be offered multiple entry, don't know when I will be able to go to switzerland, will I need to book it from now for the requested duration of the visa (ie. 3 months?)

4) how long from anyone's experience here do they usually take to fully process an application. My appointment is on 24 Feb however, my travel to France is already booked from 28 March. Thats around 4 weeks from now. Can it take longer? and does anyone advise that I go and apply through an agency because of my travel dates?