ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mickopla30
Newly Registered

Re-entry visa?

Post by mickopla30 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:14 pm

My wife is here on Stamp 4 visa for 5 years starting August last year. She will go back to her home in Taiwan on holidays at the end of March for 5 weeks. I understand she will need to get a re-entry visa before she goes. I was reading through the documentation she needs when applying for the visa and it says they need my passport as i'm an Irish Citizen and our marriage cert. Why do they need this? After all we gave them all those documents when she was applying for the D spouse visa that she got. Has anyone else had experience of these re-entry visas?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Just both of you turn up at the GNIB office with the documentation and passports and the re-entry visa will be issued there and then free of charge. Very simple process.

mickopla30
Newly Registered

Post by mickopla30 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:03 pm

scrudu wrote:Just both of you turn up at the GNIB office with the documentation and passports and the re-entry visa will be issued there and then free of charge. Very simple process.
Can i do that at my local GNIB office or do i need to go to Dublin?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Yeah you should be able to do it at any GNIB office. You can call in advance to double check anyway. I'm not sure what facilities local GNIB offices have as far as printing out visa stickers, so maybe they need to send it off to Dublin. Maybe others who don't live in the capital can answer!

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Re-entry visa?

Post by mktsoi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:47 pm

mickopla30 wrote:My wife is here on Stamp 4 visa for 5 years starting August last year. She will go back to her home in Taiwan on holidays at the end of March for 5 weeks. I understand she will need to get a re-entry visa before she goes. I was reading through the documentation she needs when applying for the visa and it says they need my passport as i'm an Irish Citizen and our marriage cert. Why do they need this? After all we gave them all those documents when she was applying for the D spouse visa that she got. Has anyone else had experience of these re-entry visas?
you can check with dept of foreign affair about the re-entry visa. i read it in www.workpermit.com in the following link:

http://workpermit.com/news/2009-02-11/u ... aicans.htm

if uk canceling visa restriction for people from taiwan, the irish government usually will do the same thing because of the common travel area. if that is the case, you wife will not need re-entry visa, just a new stamp from GNIB when her old stamp expired from her passport.

good luck

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:07 pm

It is a very simple procedure. Send the application form (on INIS website - only one page to fill) with your passport, your wife's passport and the marriage cert. to the Re-entry visa section in Burgh quey. It will take 3-4 days and you will receive all documents by registered post. Visa will be issued for the duration of her stamp free of charge. Believe me it is very simple and I have done it several times with no hassle at all. Neither of you need to go anywhere except to the post office. Good luck

mickopla30
Newly Registered

Re: Re-entry visa?

Post by mickopla30 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:24 pm

mktsoi wrote:
mickopla30 wrote:My wife is here on Stamp 4 visa for 5 years starting August last year. She will go back to her home in Taiwan on holidays at the end of March for 5 weeks. I understand she will need to get a re-entry visa before she goes. I was reading through the documentation she needs when applying for the visa and it says they need my passport as i'm an Irish Citizen and our marriage cert. Why do they need this? After all we gave them all those documents when she was applying for the D spouse visa that she got. Has anyone else had experience of these re-entry visas?
you can check with dept of foreign affair about the re-entry visa. i read it in www.workpermit.com in the following link:

http://workpermit.com/news/2009-02-11/u ... aicans.htm

if uk canceling visa restriction for people from taiwan, the irish government usually will do the same thing because of the common travel area. if that is the case, you wife will not need re-entry visa, just a new stamp from GNIB when her old stamp expired from her passport.

good luck
Yeah my wife told me she doesn't need a visa for a uk visit anymore which is handy if we want to go there. Its a pity it doesn't apply to Ireland yet but at least the re-entry procedure seems straight forward enough.