ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does airport of entry matter?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

denden
Newly Registered

Does airport of entry matter?

Post by denden » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:33 pm

I'm in the process of finding airline flights to England, which is where I plan to enter the UK once I get EC.

Does it matter which airport I land at (Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester)? I mean, I'm sure it doesn't matter officially, but practically, are all the immigration officers equally informed and trained about the HSMP process at the various airports?

Has anyone heard or experienced anything about this? As a matter of fact, does anyone know of a case where someone with EC under HSMP was NOT admitted into the UK on arrival?

Sorry if it's a silly question, but you never know. The reason I ask is that I can get a much cheaper ticket if I fly through an airport other than Heathrow. Once I leave my current job, I will be in penny-pinching mode.
:?

Thanks.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:26 pm

Comeon denden, its never be a matter. Everybody here in UK is looking for cheaper and cheaper. (sorry if some dont)
Port of entry doesn't matter for any EC holder, but you may face different situations on different airports. eg: I had to waste a couple of hours at stansted in 2003 where most of the EU flights land, while i never face any prob at Heathrow at all.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:31 pm

Another difference I found that in Heathrow I had to go through a detailed medical check up including chest x-rays. Whereas some of my friends who came in through the smaller airport in the northen towns of UK came in without any medical examination

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:35 pm

You may simply get rid of all these medicals if you have fresh chest x-ray report with you.

bani

Post by bani » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:35 pm

My suggestion is to go to the airport that is most convenient for you. Where will you be staying? If you are staying in London but fly into Manchester, that's a £40+ train ticket and another ~3 hour journey.

I don't think your chances of getting in would depend on the airport. So just focus on the cost/convenience.