ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for PSW, havent heard from HO. Need Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sonam
Newly Registered

Applied for PSW, havent heard from HO. Need Advice

Post by Sonam » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:18 pm

I applied for PSW in January under transitional arrangement. All the document are in order for me, however one small mishap occurred. I sent my bank statements for Oct Nov and December. Opening Balance on 2nd October’s statement was £700 but very next day i.e. on 3rd October I paid in a cheque and balance raised to £1200 … I wanted to send my other accounts statement but forgot at the time of applying.

So throughout 3 months period it’s just one day that is 2nd of October (my statements runs 2nd of every month). I am worried about the outcome?

Will HO reject my application coz I have less maintenance fund for just one day of the required period? I can appeal I guess but I have some urgent business to attend in May for which I will have to Fly back home.

Need some advice what shall I do??? My current IGS expires on 8th April.

Thanks

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Exactly, what date have you sent your applications and received your acknowledgement from HO?If HO refuses your visa due to the funds which was below £700 you will receive the refusal letter very soon.I don't think so it will take 14 weeks or over.regards.

Sonam
Newly Registered

Post by Sonam » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:32 am

I applied in first week of January, havent heard a single word from HO. My friends advised me to reapply as they think HO will surely reject the Visa Application becuase they are very strict about £800 maintenance fund.

Even if I reapply it would take further 6-8 weeks to come (being positive ofcourse) but I have to travel to India on an urgent business by end of May. I can very apply for HSMP as well but that will take similar time frame and with Jacqui Smith raising minimum educational level to MSc for Tier 1 General many people will apply in March before new rule is implemented on 1st April. This means further delay in receiving the passport.

This whole thing is so complicated...... : (