ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada Expo London May 2009

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Walsh clan
Newly Registered

Canada Expo London May 2009

Post by Walsh clan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to one of these expos before? I know there were 2 last year in the UK, we intend to go to the one in May to learn about bank accounts, shipping, job locations, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Moira.

Richter

Post by Richter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Went to this last year. Very heavily Alberta-orientated - engineering, mining, bus driving etc. Small representation from Ontario (health). A few financial companies. Not a big show really.

Emigrate Shows might be worthwhile going to as well if you are looking for shipping, real estate, province information, jobs (not so much), info on emigration procedure etc. There's one at Sandown Racecourse next weekend.

Walsh clan
Newly Registered

Post by Walsh clan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 am

Thanks so much for this. It's something I wasn't aware of, and will not be able to make it over this weekend, but at least I have subscribed to their magazine, the articles seem very informative.

Thanks again..Moira.

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 am

Emigrate Canada used to be a good paper, but since they merged the Canadain, NZ and Australian version into 'emigrate' magazine it seems a bit weak (less than 1/3 about Canada).

Muchmor magazine might suit you better, you can view it monthly online free, see what you think? You can also subscribe on this page:

http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2009/02/ ... ok-reader/