ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing nurse job within same employer on work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RoseT
Newly Registered

Changing nurse job within same employer on work permit

Post by RoseT » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 am

Hie I was wondering if anyone could clarify something for me. I have been working as a nurse on band 5 in the same unit for the past 4 years and I am still on a work permit. I was recently offered a post within the same employer (an NHS trust) as a nurse but at band 6. Also I will have to go and work at a different unit although my employer will remain the same. Do I need to apply for new permission to work??

Your responses will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

RoseT
Newly Registered

Please respond!

Post by RoseT » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Anyone- please?? I would really appreciate any response! :(

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Typically if your employer has not changed and you are still performing the same function of the original WP then it doesnt matter if you change departments or get promoted, but not sure how it applies to nursing bands.

I have changed divisions several times during my WP employment for a large company and gone through several job title upgrades with HR lawyers always confirming its fine immigration wise.

Why not phone HO WP team to clarify?

jbinuk

Post by jbinuk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:24 pm

technically, getting promoted from Band 5 to Band 6 does not imply you're changing emplyers. As long as you still working at the same hospital regrdless of which unit then you are will covered by your current work permit. You only need a transfer of work permit if you move to another hospital within the Trust.

I am not 100% sure but you should ask Personnel, they should know this because they are the one who should be applying for WP if in case you need one. And if they dont know, they should be the one calling the HO and clarify.