ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application with

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Application with

Post by rajsingh216 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi,

Currently I am Work Permit and planning to apply for Tier 1 application 1 week of March once I have my Bank Statement for the month of February. Yesterday I saw this new rule (Master Degree and £20000) is coming into effect from 1st April.

The question I have is there any chance that Home Office would stop taking application from 1st March.

This change will effect me a lot because I don't have Masters Degree so I won't be apply with new rule.

Someone please advice if there is a chance home office stop taking application.

Thanks
Raj

Markie

Re: Tier 1 Application with

Post by Markie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 pm

before the new guidelines take into effect normally the HO will issue an advisory for the cut-off date for applications based on the old rules.

as matter of urgency, I suggest that you wrap up your application pronto and send it to them.

Good luck.

rajsingh216 wrote:Hi,

Currently I am Work Permit and planning to apply for Tier 1 application 1 week of March once I have my Bank Statement for the month of February. Yesterday I saw this new rule (Master Degree and £20000) is coming into effect from 1st April.

The question I have is there any chance that Home Office would stop taking application from 1st March.

This change will effect me a lot because I don't have Masters Degree so I won't be apply with new rule.

Thanks
Raj

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh216 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know generally when they issue this advisory for the cut-off date for applications based on the old rules. Is there any chance they issue the date 1st week of March?

I have to wait for my statement to arrive till 1st week of March. I spoke to bank they said they can't take the request for future date. So I will have to request them for early sending only on 1st March and after that bank is going to take 3 to 4 working days to send the statements.

I am very very worried now that if they stop taking application I will be in deep trouble.

Thanks
Raj

vineet.b5

Re: Tier 1 Application with

Post by vineet.b5 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Markie wrote:before the new guidelines take into effect normally the HO will issue an advisory for the cut-off date for applications based on the old rules.

as matter of urgency, I suggest that you wrap up your application pronto and send it to them.

Good luck.

Thanks
Raj
Is it a rumor or fact?
If it is a rumor and nt from any relevant source, please don't post such information in forums.
Members, please comment, if BHC stop taking application before change in the policies? Please tell your experiences.

dfurletti
Newly Registered

Post by dfurletti » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm

This interests me also. What happened last time. Did they provide a date that the old rules became obsolete.

I would be assuming that it is the 1st of April as thats when the new law starts coming into effect.

thoughts?

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:43 pm

But last time they suspended the HSMP Scheme for 1 month (with 30 days notice) to get time for the new rules to be in place. They have not done the same now.. so "i think" unless HO clerifies on the dates in advance, there is no need to be panic.. just keep speed up the process of collecting your documents...and try to file yr application asap.

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 pm

nksg wrote:But last time they suspended the HSMP Scheme for 1 month (with 30 days notice) to get time for the new rules to be in place. They have not done the same now.. so "i think" unless HO clerifies on the dates in advance, there is no need to be panic.. just keep speed up the process of collecting your documents...and try to file yr application asap.
well i did come across a post in which someone has booked an appointment for 5th march in hyderabad. I hope if they are booking appointments then they are not gona cancel them rite?

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:56 pm

I dont think so.. you need to be optimistic.. (just personal thought)

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh216 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi,

Can some one please advice when they suspend HSMP scheme last time for 1 month did they give notice in advance or they just announced one day that from today we are no accepting any application.

If they are going to suspend the scheme this time will it be done from Monday 2nd March and from 2nd its 30 days for getting new rule to be implemented.

I am planning to apply from UK so there is no question of appointment here.

Experienced people please advice?

Thanks
Raj

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 pm

I would also like to know. Senior members please reply what happened last time. If they have given an appointment in March 08 to somebody did they just cancel it or gave some days notice. I am traveling from UK to India in march to file tier1 and it will be helpful if somebody cud plz provide information in regard to this.

Thanks

Can some one please advice when they suspend HSMP scheme last time for 1 month did they give notice in advance or they just announced one day that from today we are no accepting any application.

If they are going to suspend the scheme this time will it be done from Monday 2nd March and from 2nd its 30 days for getting new rule to be implemented.

Thanks
Raj

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

IshaK19 wrote:

I would also like to know. Senior members please reply what happened last time. If they have given an appointment in March 08 to somebody did they just cancel it or gave some days notice. I am traveling from UK to India in march to file tier1 and it will be helpful if somebody cud plz provide information in regard to this.

Thanks

Thanks
Raj

Hi,

Thanks

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Guys,

Please refer to my post earlier for the answers..

"But last time they suspended the HSMP Scheme for 1 month (with 30 days notice) to get time for the new rules to be in place. They have not done the same now.. so "i think" unless HO clerifies on the dates in advance, "

I would also like to mention that previously HSMP was 2 stage process. If you are appliyng from outside UK , any country i.e India, you were required to send your application (All the relavent documents but not passport) to UK for validation. Once HSMP is approved by WPUK, they will issue a Approval letter. You were then required to apply for visa on the basis of approval letter from your country BHC. The validity of that letter used to be 6 months which means you can apply for leave to remain any time within 6 months. As far as i know even with the change of Laws, the BHC respected these old letters and issued Visas on the basis of the same. The source of this information is Forums and few of my mates who got it that way.

Even my HSMP Approval letter was issued in August 2006 (In country) and i requested for Visa stamping in January 2007. But the rules were changed in November 2006..(The JR Issue)

All the best.

N