ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone received passport recently?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Biswanath

Anyone received passport recently?

Post by Biswanath » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Anyone has received their passport who applied between Sep/Oct 2008 for PSW (tier1) visa?Mine has become 16/17 weeks, still no reply from HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moza
Newly Registered

Re: Anyone received passport recently?

Post by Moza » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Biswanath wrote:Anyone has received their passport who applied between Sep/Oct 2008 for PSW (tier1) visa?Mine has become 16/17 weeks, still no reply from HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same as mine. I applied in october. Still waiting. Also, my passport expiring on 17 March. Dnt knw what to do. Any advice?

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Phone HO and tell them that your passport is going to be expire on 17th of March and let's see what they suggest.If HO conducts detailed verification I am doubted how does it take more than 4 months and everyone is having the same problem.

Moza
Newly Registered

Post by Moza » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Biswanath wrote:Phone HO and tell them that your passport is going to be expire on 17th of March and let's see what they suggest.If HO conducts detailed verification I am doubted how does it take more than 4 months and everyone is having the same problem.
Please cheak PSW guidlines. It says, if HO needs to make any enquiries about documents provided, they ll wait for maximum 4 weeks (not 4 months )for verification results. I dnt know how long it will take to get our passports back :(

saba85

Post by saba85 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 pm

my passport expired in january and applied in october 2008.ho said as long as they have my passport its ok even if its expired i wont get any penality.i called ho today as well and they say to process my application it might take another 4 weeks minimum

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Hello Saba85,

Do you know anyone who has received their passport within 6 weeks after Oct,2008? Some of the colleges are in the scam whose cases are pending.I think HO is waiting for Judge's decision about those colleges.But it can take a long time.I sent my passport in last Oct.still waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moza
Newly Registered

Post by Moza » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Biswanath wrote:Hello Saba85,

Do you know anyone who has received their passport within 6 weeks after Oct,2008? Some of the colleges are in the scam whose cases are pending.I think HO is waiting for Judge's decision about those colleges.But it can take a long time.I sent my passport in last Oct.still waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Biswanath:

I think, 90% people who applied in october, didnt get their passport back. In some cases, it might be delayed bec of college but not in all cases.

Saba85:
wht did they tell you? your case is still 'waiting for further consideration' or is beng processed?

shughal

Re: Anyone received passport recently?

Post by shughal » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:30 am

I applied in the mid of Jan,09 and got in the mid of Feb,09.It took almost almost 4 weeks to apply & get it back.I was on IGS and applied under the transitional arrangements, from my University on the basis of M.Sc Degree.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 am

I don't understand why it is taking so long for you guys. Have you completed your course from a college or from a University? If it is from University I don't think HO needs to do any investigation...

saba85

Post by saba85 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:06 pm

mine is still under furthur consideration. for last 4 weeks am calling and have sent more then 15 faxes bt no improvement they say it might still take minimum of another 4 weeks''ridiculous'' and also said if i need my passport i shud withdraw it bt its not an option for me after waiting for 18 weeks.
so far only one of my class mate has received her passport back and she applied in 2nd week of october rest waiting.i dont think its just our college there are several other in leeds whos students are waiting.
it doesnt matter its a university or college i think as long as its on DIUS site and not involve inscam its should be fine and still if they have to do furthur checks i think 18 weeks are more then enough to carry checks.may be ukba is waiting for the new rules to be launched by end of march may be am not sure

S_hope
Newly Registered

Post by S_hope » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:11 pm

saba85 wrote:mine is still under furthur consideration. for last 4 weeks am calling and have sent more then 15 faxes bt no improvement they say it might still take minimum of another 4 weeks''ridiculous'' and also said if i need my passport i shud withdraw it bt its not an option for me after waiting for 18 weeks.
so far only one of my class mate has received her passport back and she applied in 2nd week of october rest waiting.i dont think its just our college there are several other in leeds whos students are waiting.
it doesnt matter its a university or college i think as long as its on DIUS site and not involve inscam its should be fine and still if they have to do furthur checks i think 18 weeks are more then enough to carry checks.may be ukba is waiting for the new rules to be launched by end of march may be am not sure
you are absolutely spot on Saba85. This wait is crazy. When did your class mate receive her passport? recently?

saba85

Post by saba85 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:11 pm

she recieved it in first week of january

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Saba85,I am really fade up with the system.It seems to me that HO wants to impose new immigration rules/laws from the March and that's why detained passports of 90% of applicants.A quite significant number of applicants from the university have been facing the same problem as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moza
Newly Registered

Post by Moza » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Biswanath wrote:Saba85,I am really fade up with the system.It seems to me that HO wants to impose new immigration rules/laws from the March and that's why detained passports of 90% of applicants.A quite significant number of applicants from the university have been facing the same problem as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no apparent reason for holding passports of many students from last 4months. Staff at HO contact centre is not even properly trained. If you have some query, you ll get different answer every time you ring. They should gave us reasons, why they are holding our passports.

saba85

Post by saba85 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:49 pm

what i dont understand is the link between tier4 and PSW,where same institutes where psw student studied are registered for tier 4 so why wud ukba wait until new rules come in effect.
ho is saying different stories everytime i call.initially they told me via email in january i will receive my passport in 1 week ,when no reply i kept on calling,2 weeks ago one of the guy from shieffield office told me i shall receive my passport in a day or so but nothing yet. i called last week friday and was surprised to know that havent processed my application yet and when i asked about that 1 week thing and what the guy told me abt in a day or so thing they told me they do not have a record of it,(well my mistake as well i did not ask they guy name who said over the fone i will receive my passport in a day or so) so according to them without giving them a person name they cant do anything. But i do have the email ukba sent me where 1 week time is mentioned and for that they said they cant comment i mentioned the person name who sent the email( i have the email and his name is written there) bt they said its useless as well and they cant say anything apart that my application is considered for furthur checks.
i also filed a complaint 2 weeks ago bt unfortunatley complaint doesnt effect the process of application so in way its worthless

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 am

Does anyone think we will receive our passport by the end of March definitely?I am sure HO has not started sending Passport to any applicant yet.Everyone's applications have been pending for sep/oct 2008.

Sonam
Newly Registered

Post by Sonam » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:48 am

So when you talk to HO, do they say your application is under consideration or further consideration. If you havent received your passport since October, they must give you a valid reason why are they holding passports of so many people for so long??

I have few friedns who applied in October, most of them got their passport back by mid December. just one had a refused application so he appealed and won the case.

My own passport is with HO since Jan, whenever I call they say its under consideration. Mine should have been a simple process as I was already on IGS was getting an extension. But still there is no conslusion on whats going on.

My whole life has started to revolve around HO n immigration laws. never thought this day would come. lolz

jibran_0007@hotmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by jibran_0007@hotmail.com » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:06 pm

hi, i applied on 23rd october and my visa has ben expired on 30th november i called to Ho 6 times but they said to me tht ur application in under consideration...my frnd apllied on 18th october and his visa expired on 16th january 2009 he got his passport back on 20th February but he got visa from 16th January .

S_hope
Newly Registered

Post by S_hope » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:35 pm

jibran_0007@hotmail.com wrote:hi, i applied on 23rd october and my visa has ben expired on 30th november i called to Ho 6 times but they said to me tht ur application in under consideration...my frnd apllied on 18th october and his visa expired on 16th january 2009 he got his passport back on 20th February but he got visa from 16th January .
Hi dude, did you or your friend apply based on college degree?
Hope you get it soon as well , like your friend. And hope every1 gets it who are waiting.