ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum on the bank account for the EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kind
Newly Registered

Minimum on the bank account for the EC

Post by Kind » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:28 am

I am planning to apply for the EC under approved HMSP.
Could anybody tell me what minimum amount should be on my current account to show that i could support myself during first month in the UK?
For the canada immigration programme they clearly specify this issue, but i have not found any information regarding the UK.

Thank you

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:30 pm

If the matter is clearly for one month then even 2k will be ok but, if you dont have any solid proof to maintain yourself after a month then its not.
Solid proof means: job offer, accomodation arrangements etc.

makon

Post by makon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:39 am

there is no minimum balance, it may depend on who is looking at your case but you have to note that UK is a very expensive place especially in terms of accommodation. You should have an idea of how much you will be spending in a month. Attach to your application what you think is an ideal estimate of your monthly expenses to the application and that will also help. Take note of the following: Rent, Council Tax, Electric/Gas Bills, Internet bills, Telephone Bill, Transportation, Social Outings, etc.

In London 2-bed room flat averages £900/PCM, while outside it's about £500-£600. Council Tax = £70-90

Kind
Newly Registered

Post by Kind » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:11 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your replies.