ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fast Track Service at PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

munisa

Fast Track Service at PEO

Post by munisa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:45 am

Does anyone know if it is true that there is a 'Fast Track' service open to immigration solicitors at the PEOs? Somebody has told me that if I use a solicitor to apply for ILR (which is a straight forward case), they can get it issued in 1 to 2 days through a fast track service; where the solicitor does not require an appointment at PEO?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 am

I was under the impression that its similar to you applying in person at PEO but instead a lawyer/consultant represents you and prepares your application (so in theory the success rate should be higher).

But yes, people have certainly used solicitors to get their ILR same-day.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:12 am

Immigration advisors and solicitors usually have appointments available to them within a couple of days, which can be an advantage if you're not able to wait around 6 weeks.

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Casa wrote:Immigration advisors and solicitors usually have appointments available to them within a couple of days, which can be an advantage if you're not able to wait around 6 weeks.
The advisor quoted £350 for the fast track service. I would rather wait 6 or so weeks and do it myself.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Munisa,
If as you say your case is straight forward why both wasting money with a solicitor.
Just make an appointment with Croydon, Liverpool or Birmingham and do it yourself you will be in and out, in 4hrs with your ILR.