ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IshaK19

Bank Statements

Post by IshaK19 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Dear members,

Please advice. i have original standard chartered statements to show my last years income in india and original LLyods statements to show income here in London. I did come across people taking a letter from bank stating Ihave maintained funds and also attesting their statements. I checked at LLyods they dont give the letter nor they stamp statements as they say they are original..

Can you please advice if thats fine or will I hav to get them attested by bank.

Thanks

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:18 pm

The bank statements are fine, you do not need to get them signed or stamped by the bank.

In regards to the letter from the bank, try a different branch. Have a sample letter written for their convenience and get the letter on Lloyds TSB's letter head. I tried 4 different branches before finally getting the letter from one.

Good luck :-)

smallick
Newly Registered

Post by smallick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:22 pm

You can simply show bank statement of last three months for maintainence of funds. Do not know why you need a seperate letter for that.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:46 pm

letter and attestation is required only if you are using the online internet bank statements.

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:39 am

dingdon wrote:letter and attestation is required only if you are using the online internet bank statements.
Thanks so much all. This is helpful

globalciti
Newly Registered

Bank Letter Format

Post by globalciti » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi Tapindersingh

Can you post the letter format that you took from the bank please.

vks

Post by vks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Indian Bank statements - Banks stamp it for a Fee

UK Bank statements - You should have received copies each month. or some banks charge for that (HSBC charged GBP5 for a year statement) This should suffice!
Regards,
vks