ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akundal
Newly Registered

ILR questions

Post by akundal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi there,

My wife has applied for ILR SET(M) she is from India and her 2yr Visa expired on the 17th of December 2008. Sent off the application in November, they recieved and charged us the amount by the 17th of November 2008. Its been 14wks, 90 days.

We called UBA to find out what the delay was, only to be told 'Your application is still being considered'. Asked how long it would take 'Don't know'. Asked why the website said within 14wks/90days 'not all are completed within that time' Ok fair enough.

Now, my wife is worried about being sent back to India.. And i'm even more worried :(

I am self employed, and have been for several yrs. I am wondering whether my earnings don't show if i'm able to support her. She is working and has done since she came here. We have savings too. I live with my parents and we make contribution towards living costs. We provided them our joint bank statements, her wage slips and due to me being self employed a copy of a tax return and a covering letter from my Accountant declaring my earnings.

Other than that there is nothing else for them to be picky about... Can anyone else? Or should we just hold tight and wait for good news?

Hope someone can put both of our minds at rest.. really worried :(

Thanks,
Am.

joe777

Post by joe777 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:09 pm

as i just mentioned in another thread i know someone who waited just over 16wks for their visa and finally was granted it today, waiting times were only 4wks not long ago for ilr..

i'm sure you will get it soon, so stop worrying :D

akundal
Newly Registered

Post by akundal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi Joe

Hope so, we indians don't half worry.. we'll hold on i guess... few more weeks of sleepless nights :cry:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Also the instructions are that ILR for spouse applicants shouldn't be refused on financial grounds alone.

Alexisos
Newly Registered

ILR waiting times

Post by Alexisos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Hello akundal

I hope you have received some good news from the Home Office by now, but just in case you haven't I'd like to tell you that you should not need worry unless you have received bad news. Applications take time to process. Your application was accepted as valid and payment taken. If there had been a problem, I think they'd have contacted you by now.

All the best

akundal
Newly Registered

Post by akundal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:41 am

Hi,

No still nothing. Sent 17th of Novemeber 2008, its what 15wks now..

akundal
Newly Registered

Post by akundal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Good news, it arrive this morning!

So from the 17th of November to 5th of March to get the ILR.

Hope everyone else best of luck

Thanks!!