ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discrepancy in Institute name

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cpverma
Newly Registered

Discrepancy in Institute name

Post by cpverma » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Hello friends,

I have a doubt related to Tier 1(general) application which may sound trivial but has been bothering me a lot. I'm currently in UK on a work permit and want to switch to Tier 1 asap due to recent announcements. I hold a bachleors degree from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. The point based system lists this institute as "Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi" while the institute name on my degree certificate is "Indian Institute of Technology Delhi". There is a slight difference in the names (A comma and the word 'New'). Does anyone know if this makes a difference? What do you suggest I write as my institute name in the application - the one on the certificate or the one the PBS? I know that these names actually mean the same but I'm worried that the assesing officer may not see them in the same light. Since there are hundreds of universities listed in PBS, it looks likely to me that the assesing officer may fail to see this subjectivity. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Hello,

I think it would be better if you specify this on your covering letter. Also i would mention the url of the institute. Since yours is a premier institute of India, it should not be an issue.

But best is explain this properly in the covering letter and mention the url, possibly the print out of some web pages supporting your claim.

N