ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa rejection from India !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shubi81

Dependant Visa rejection from India !!

Post by shubi81 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Hello Everybody,
I am faced with one of the hardest realities today , a Visa rejection & that too for my wife !!
I am here in UK since June on a Tier1(general) visa which I got within 12 days from India .My wife applied for her Visa on 19th Dec from VFS Kolkata & we got to know today that its refused ..!
I haven't gone thru the reason in details now but it has something to do with the maintenance fund , But it seems they haven't considered the designated bank account (US bank) for maintenance fund , instead they considered a UK bank which I showed as address proof (in addition to rental agreement).

The irony is that , we came to know 2 days back from BHC Delhi that it had been placed in a wrong form !! We were following it up since the last week & BHC Delhi gave different information in each time , once they said 'its been processed on 11th Feb , once they said we forgot to send will be sent today ..& lastly it went in a wrong form!! .
So I am very confident , either they haven't read the cover letter properly , else they have misplaced some document .

I'll definitely appeal , but is it an effective way ?, I have heard it can take upto months ..! ?
Would appreciate if someone share their similar experiences ...
else is it possible to sue them legally for misinformation & false guidance ?!!
I want to see the end of it ...........................

Can someone also tell if I can appeal for this one & apply for a Visitor's visa at the same time ? & get the visitor's visa converted to Dependant's in UK.?

Thanks..
Shubi..

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:44 pm

You can reapply by maintaining 1333 in ur acoount for 3 months,as law states that you need to have 800 pounds in ur account for at least 3 months and each dependent 533.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Sorry to hear about the refusal

It will be best to re-apply, provided you have required funds (mentioned in above reply) in your bank account/accounts

Good luck

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:42 am

Man , I have shown NOt only 1333 GBP , I had shown 4400 GBP (2800+1600) !!
I read somewhr if the main applicant is in UK for less than an yr , you have to show full amount .

Showing fund is not a problem , I just dont want to lose 600 for no good reason ..!
I was looking into the appeal procesdure & it seems you can do it in both India & UK ..
If anyone could have shared some 1st hand exp..that would have been helpful ..

Thanks for your reply
Shubi..

tapindersingh wrote:Sorry to hear about the refusal

It will be best to re-apply, provided you have required funds (mentioned in above reply) in your bank account/accounts

Good luck

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 am

have a look at this

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 am

does the BHC go through verification process for deoendants as well or is it only for main applicants

lata

Post by lata » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:04 am

Appeal will take long time to hear the decision. my spouse visa also was refused on the grounds of insuffient funds. I appealed on Nov 11th. I didnt hear anything so far. when ever I call/mail them they say that we dont know when it will be done as lot of appeal bundles are there.

what ever may the reason, we have to wait for long long time ( min 6 to 8 months) to hear the dicision.
I am planning to apply again now.

Muzzy14

Post by Muzzy14 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 am

Just a quick one: Should I fill VAF10 form to apply for my dependant?
I have got my visa in Dec-08, but still in home country. Now I want to apply for my dependant. Maintenance fund is ok.
Thanks in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 pm

I agree with tapindersing to RE-APPLY instead of appeal.Don't want to disappoint you but I have few collegues who is suffering a lot as his appeal doesn't seems to be moving in the queue. Its over 3 months and still awaiting result. He applied through chennai vfs.
tapindersingh wrote: It will be best to re-apply, provided you have required funds (mentioned in above reply) in your bank account/accounts

Good luck

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Dear Friends,

It would be of great help if you could please help me with the below query, its quite urgent.

Currently im working in UK on Tier1 HSMP Visa, i was earlier working on a Work Permit starting
April 2007, applied for Tier1 hsmp from UK and got it in April 2008 and switched job, my Work permit was still valid till April 2009

My Wife is about to apply for dependant visa under Tier1 General dependant Visa Category.
Can you please let me know how much mantainance funds i have to show for 3 months?

i have been mantaining 1600 - 1700£ for the last 3 months.

Should i show

1600£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

1600£(for Wife only)

or

533£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

533£(for Wife only ) -as i have been in UK for more than 1 year.

there is clause where it states, if the Tier1 migrant is in UK for more than 1 year then mantainance funds for dependant has to be shown minimum 533 £, it does not say under which category of visa has the main applicant to be in uk for more than 1 year, im on workpermit+Tier1 HSMP which will be more than 1 year.

Can someone please let me know?

If anyone can respond to my query, it would be of great help.

Many thanks in advance....

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Got a reply from VFS after mailing them who told..

you need to show 1600 £ only per dependant.. i dont understand why you want to show mantainance funds for urself when u already have got ur hsmp visa and working in UK.. was the statement they made.

this message is to all those people who are pointing that the main applicant being in uk and working on tier1 hsmp has to show 800 £ which is not true..

Thanks a lot for the Reply.

So I agree that i need not show any funds for me right ?? When my Dependant is making a Application under Tier1 HSMP Dependant Visa Category under PBS from Bangalore

------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Yes, you are right, you will not required to show any funds. As long as you are able to show satisfactory proof for source of funds and has also maintained it in your account (Personal/Current) for three months, you will be able to meet the maintenance criteria.

However, the discretion is with you.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk

---------------------------------

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Shubi,

im faced with quite similar problem like yours.

i faced one of the awkward situation today with my wife visa getting refused.

ECO has refused her visa considering 1 month bank statement which i had sent showing circling the salary credited from my company for march month along with 6 month payslips.

I had sent flex saver bank accounts for 3 months 18th Dec 2008 to 27th March 2009. to show mantainence of funds.

they have rejected telling no funds for 3 months.

I and wife had written in respective covering letter telling to consider the claim period from hsbc flex saver account. where more that 1600 £ have been mantained, although i had to mantain only 533£ as im in uk more than 2 years.

Also wife had mentioned in Vaf 10 form to consider the period 18th Dec 2008 to 27th March 2009 where more that 1600 £ funds have been mantained by my husband

Can you please tell me how can i appeal.?
and what i should do? i have almost broken down and dont know what to do .. please help me guys

this clearly shows how the chennai people process, all they tell they have read everything, a school kid will understand which statement to consider giving the period and dates.

can i bring my wife on visitor visa over here and apply for her Tier1 Dependant visa from here?

Please help how to appeal