ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK HSBC Bank Statements - Letterhead and Stamped - Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tier1_Bristol

UK HSBC Bank Statements - Letterhead and Stamped - Advice

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi All,

I have a final query about UK HSBC Bank Statements for Previous earnings and Maintenance query.

As per guidance:

For Previous Earnings:

Guidance:

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

I have got an electronic bank statement from HSBC bank on a letterhead with stamp on it.

Maintenance fund:

Guidance :

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).

I have got an electronic temporary statement from HSBC bank for flex saver account on a letterhead with stamp on it as it is a quarterly statement and will receive only after 2 months .

I went through various posts in the forum where everybody has discussed about the bank statements. But could not find any post who has
either approved or rejected or any other personal experience on the grounds of bank statements on a letterhead/stamp in it.

Can somebody share their experience of approving/rejecting providing the Bank statements on letterhead and stamp in it?

Cheers
Gita

nangvil

Post by nangvil » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:03 pm

That should be fine.

My other advice would be to check the date of your application and bank statements. For example: If your bank statement starts on 28th of each month, don't send in your application after 29th unless u include the latest statement from this month(28th). The mistake I've made was to date my application 29th thinking there was no way the bank could have send me the statement in a day! And as expected, I got rejected.

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:04 pm

nangvil wrote:That should be fine.

My other advice would be to check the date of your application and bank statements. For example: If your bank statement starts on 28th of each month, don't send in your application after 29th unless u include the latest statement from this month(28th). The mistake I've made was to date my application 29th thinking there was no way the bank could have send me the statement in a day! And as expected, I got rejected.
Thanks Nangvil. When you say 'unless u include the latest statement from this month(28th)', do you mean to say that i need to send the statement for 28th as well? In my case, my statement date starts from 27th and I will be applying March 1st week. But since I am travelling back to India from UK on Monday, I wont be getting the latest statement before I leave. However, I went to Bank on 26th (not on 27th) and got the statement on letter head and stamped which had 'Temporary Statement' as it was the last date of statement. Should I get one after 26th which would say 'Duplicate Statement'?

nangvil

Post by nangvil » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 am

Hi there,
In your circumstances, I would provide them the 27 January to 26th February bank statements, pref after 26th Feb. AS long as u can get the bank statement covering that period on the bank letterhead, that should be ok.

My only concern is HO could argue that it's a temporary statement as it was issued on the 26th, there's a chance u could have withdrawn the money after that statement was printed. They could be a bit cynical sometimes!

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks for your response nangvil. However, I am showing the statement to prove (1) Salary from my company on 25th and (2) For maintenance funds.

For Salary:

As per guidance:

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement

I thought as long as my salary credit is shown, they should be fine with it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

For maintenance funds:

As per guidance:

Only the most recent statement must be dated within one month of the date of application.

However, I dont seem to understand this point in the guidance:

We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the Full period needed.

What does this 'Full Period' means? Does it mean past 30 days period or Statement period?

It is bit confusing. Does it mean that I cant take statement printout during the statement period? Should I wait till the statement period is over? My flex saver account - which I am showing for Maintenance funds - is a on a quarterly basis and will get only in April. So, should I wait till April to apply though I had given a latest temporary statement showing the required amount?

Also what does Ad-hoc statement means? Should we take it as as 'Temporary Statement' taken during the statement period or 'a special formatted' statement covering the full period from bank for this specific purpose?

dnd
Newly Registered

Post by dnd » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:17 am

Tier1_Bristol wrote:However, I dont seem to understand this point in the guidance:

We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the Full period needed.

What does this 'Full Period' means? Does it mean past 30 days period or Statement period?

It is bit confusing. Does it mean that I cant take statement printout during the statement period? Should I wait till the statement period is over? My flex saver account - which I am showing for Maintenance funds - is a on a quarterly basis and will get only in April. So, should I wait till April to apply though I had given a latest temporary statement showing the required amount?

Also what does Ad-hoc statement means? Should we take it as as 'Temporary Statement' taken during the statement period or 'a special formatted' statement covering the full period from bank for this specific purpose?
I think it means they don't just want eg a balance slip which shows money on a particular day...they want to see a 3 month history of the bank account that shows that the balance has always been above x amount for the last 3 months. Ad-hoc just means it's not a formal monthly or quarterly statement, so temporary statement should fall under that.

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks DND. Thats really what I thought. Thanks for prompt reply :)

That is really a consoling news :)

lata

Post by lata » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi,
In UK HSBC bank, can we get stamp on the statement? I went to bank and asked for the stamp on temparary statement. They said they dont provide stamp, they will send the statement on their offical letter head to home address and that should be valid for applying for visa. Please tell me whether I can submit the statement on HSBC official letter head? or I should get stamp and sign on it?
Could anyone clarify me please?

nangvil

Post by nangvil » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Some will stamp for u, some won't. If they don't, best is to get them to print it on bank letterhead with logo on the paper. That would be your best option if they refuse to stamp it.

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:54 pm

lata wrote:Hi,
In UK HSBC bank, can we get stamp on the statement? I went to bank and asked for the stamp on temparary statement. They said they dont provide stamp, they will send the statement on their offical letter head to home address and that should be valid for applying for visa. Please tell me whether I can submit the statement on HSBC official letter head? or I should get stamp and sign on it?
Could anyone clarify me please?
Hi Lata,
I got the UK HSBC bank statements on a letterhead with stamp on it. It is just matter of the branch. Take a list of branches in the near towns and keep visiting them one by one. I was lucky that I got in the second branch. I took the guidance form printout for maintenance funds and showed to them. At the first branch, they refused to provide bluntly saying that they dont stamp or even printout on a letterhead. You need to convince them.

Best of luck. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Gita

lata

Post by lata » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Hey Gita,
Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Could you please tell me where is the bank located, which you got stamp.
if possible , Could you please send me those branch address details to maforme06@yahoo.co.in
I am planning to apply in march first week.

Appreciate your quick help.

Thanks,
Lata

samhsmp
Newly Registered

HSBC Bank Statement - signed/stamped?

Post by samhsmp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi Lata,
Were you able to get them to sign/stamp the statements? I just tried this afternoon w/o any luck!
Do let me know what happened finally!
Cheers
Saurabh

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi,

I have just found myself in a similar situation as urself with HSBC (re: unstamped and unsigned branch statement copies) and wish to enquire as to how you went about this eventually and what the outcome of your application was?

Cheers.

samhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by samhsmp » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:15 pm

d1o wrote:Hi,

I have just found myself in a similar situation as urself with HSBC (re: unstamped and unsigned branch statement copies) and wish to enquire as to how you went about this eventually and what the outcome of your application was?

Cheers.
Since I had subscribed to paperless, I had sent a message to HSBC via contact us within Internet Banking, statements arrived within a few days. I submitted them and was given Tier1 extension on the same day!

Cheers
Sam

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:28 pm

samhsmp wrote:

Cheers.
Since I had subscribed to paperless, I had sent a message to HSBC via contact us within Internet Banking, statements arrived within a few days. I submitted them and was given Tier1 extension on the same day!

Cheers
Sam
Thanks for your reply, was this with an HSBC Basic Bank Account? Because it is with mine and my statements only come quarterly and they are saying they can only send the last quarter's own (which I have already ) and that the next quarter will be genereted in October. My only other option is to print my up to date statement inside the branch and that is where they are refusing to stamp and sign, even though they have printed on thier couloured letter headed paper.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:45 pm

d1o wrote:
samhsmp wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers
Sam
Thanks for your reply, was this with an HSBC Basic Bank Account? Because it is with mine and my statements only come quarterly and they are saying they can only send the last quarter's own (which I have already ) and that the next quarter will be genereted in October. My only other option is to print my up to date statement inside the branch and that is where they are refusing to stamp and sign, even though they have printed on thier couloured letter headed paper.
The frequency of statement delivery can be easily changed online. I can see the feature on my HSBC account's web page.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:53 pm

push wrote:
d1o wrote:
samhsmp wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers
Sam
The frequency of statement delivery can be easily changed online. I can see the feature on my HSBC account's web page.
Is urs an HSBC Basic Bank Account (BBA)?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:11 pm

d1o wrote:
push wrote:
d1o wrote:
samhsmp wrote:

Cheers
Sam
Is urs an HSBC Basic Bank Account (BBA)?
Answered elsewhere
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

srikanthko
Newly Registered

Re: UK HSBC Bank Statements - Letterhead and Stamped - Advic

Post by srikanthko » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi,

I got exactly the same kind of statements. was your statements accepted by UKBA?

Thanks,
Tier1_Bristol wrote:Hi All,

I have a final query about UK HSBC Bank Statements for Previous earnings and Maintenance query.

As per guidance:

For Previous Earnings:

Guidance:

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

I have got an electronic bank statement from HSBC bank on a letterhead with stamp on it.

Maintenance fund:

Guidance :

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).

I have got an electronic temporary statement from HSBC bank for flex saver account on a letterhead with stamp on it as it is a quarterly statement and will receive only after 2 months .

I went through various posts in the forum where everybody has discussed about the bank statements. But could not find any post who has
either approved or rejected or any other personal experience on the grounds of bank statements on a letterhead/stamp in it.

Can somebody share their experience of approving/rejecting providing the Bank statements on letterhead and stamp in it?

Cheers
Gita

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm

I had HSBC Advanced account which I switched to HSBC Basic account back in oct-2011. I have been getting monthly HSBC letter head bank statements for periods 29th to 28th of each month. My latest one from 29Jan-28Feb hasn't arrived yet. I am also planning to use it along with old bank statements (28Feb-2011 - 28Feb-2012). Since I am planning around 10-Mar-2012, I think it should be ok, as per my understanding of guidance notes and posts on this forum.

If someone thinks its not ok, then one can respond here. I believe, we should try to use Keep It Simple formula.