ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after studies...

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nenadc
Newly Registered

after studies...

Post by nenadc » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello!
I have a question...
I have an non Eu citizenship but I live in Italy and I will have an Italian University degree.
If I apply for a Master degree in UK can I stay after the studies and work (if I find a job off course)? Or you are obligated to leave the country immediately after the studies without a possibility to apply for work permission? If somebody could please explain it to me...
thnx

Sonam
Newly Registered

Post by Sonam » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:56 pm

You can study for a MSc under student visa, for which you need to get a letter from university you wish to join for further studies.

There are speculations that immigration rules are going to be changed by next month. Previously people used to get PSW after their degree. No clue whether or not British Govt will keep the PSW scheme on after the changes.

However it will take you atleast 18 months to finish off your MSc, till the hopefully things will settle down.