ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gather n Share: HSMP --> Tier 1 early extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

can apply anytime before expiry of HSMP?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 12

sumita
Newly Registered

Gather n Share: HSMP --> Tier 1 early extension

Post by sumita » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi Guys,
I can see many post and threads discussing how early we can apply for HSMP extension under Tier 1 general.

But none of topic enlights the firm conclusion and people have kind of left in between. It would really help lot of people to know exact answers.

Can we share all the experiances of someone who has applied early for HSMP extensionunder tier 1 general. Tier 1 general nowhere mentions timeline for applying early.

I called home office and received replay that can apply anytime provided you score points. But how much trust we can keep on them as they are not consistant in thier reply.

Please share your comments or simply poll on 'can we apply anytime before expiry of HSMP?'

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:34 am

Yes you can apply for visa extension anytime before your visa expires.

However, you will get the extension from the date of application no from the date of your previous visa expiration.

sumita
Newly Registered

Post by sumita » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:19 am

Thanks Tapinder. Do you know any cases where anyone has applied HSMP extension - tier 1 general 6-8 months before expiry and got approved\rejected.
Do weneed to give any reason why you are applying early?

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:33 pm

I know two of my ftiends who applied atleast 4 months in advance got the approval.. I think you can switch from HSMP to Tier 1 any time.. you just need to take care of the time required foe ILR.. just to avoid going for one more extn..

sumita
Newly Registered

Post by sumita » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:24 am

Hi nksg,

Can you pls conofirm whther we need to give any reason for applying early?

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 am

One of the guys did give the reason for early application but the other one did not..

The first recieved approval in 15 days and for second it took 5 weeks..

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 pm

on similar thoughts....is there any evidence where the application for FLR was rejected for being applied too early (around 8 months in advance?)

shifi

Post by shifi » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:29 pm

sumita wrote:Thanks Tapinder. Do you know any cases where anyone has applied HSMP extension - tier 1 general 6-8 months before expiry and got approved\rejected.
Yes- I did apply abt six months before HSMP expired and it was approved. I gave the reason for early application in the covering letter but I don't think that it is important as long as you have the necessary points to qualify, you can apply.

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:44 pm

shifi wrote:
sumita wrote:Thanks Tapinder. Do you know any cases where anyone has applied HSMP extension - tier 1 general 6-8 months before expiry and got approved\rejected.
Yes- I did apply abt six months before HSMP expired and it was approved. I gave the reason for early application in the covering letter but I don't think that it is important as long as you have the necessary points to qualify, you can apply.

What was the reason given for early application?? And can you also share if yoou applied on your own or through an immigration consultant.Thanks in advance.