ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

husband of irish citizen VISA

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hicham

husband of irish citizen VISA

Post by hicham » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:01 pm

SALAM
i'm moroccan husband of an irish citizen and i want to join her to live together
can someone help me or give me some informations ?
thank you

zafarzafar
BANNED

hi

Post by zafarzafar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:31 pm

wasalam
where r u at the moment?
if u r still in morocco you have to apply for entry clearence visa from morocco with your marruage certificate,some photographs,your irish wife passport copy.
once u get the visa u have to travel to ireland and go to GNIB or ur local garda station(police station) and register ur self.
u will get a temporary residence visa and you have to apply for stamp 4 with EU1 application which can take upto 6 months,at the approval of your stamp 4 you will go to immigration office with ur irish wife and get visa and than enjoy
hope that helps.
regards
zafar

hicham

thx zafar

Post by hicham » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:35 pm

salam alikome
ya im in morocco now
i was in the cnsulate and they asked my passport and some others documents
the wman there said that they will ask me abut the relationship ....ect thats mean they will be the police and me the guilty hahaha
thank you fr the information
thats my email
hicham.ouazal@hotmail.com
if someone had loads of information or experience in that
thank you

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:24 am

Zaf,

He can not apply using EU1 as this is for spouses of EU citizens who are exercising treaty rights in a member state other than there own! Or if his Irish wife is exercising treaty rights in another member state then returning home together then they could use EU.1.

Hicham - You have to apply online filling in the application form in Morocco off there website! See link below -

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=37633

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Su ... _Countries

You and your wife must produce marriage certificate, photo's, a description of how you met (if you are called for an interview), you must also provide bank accounts showing you will not be a burden to the State. You must also produce documents showing where you and your wife will live in Ireland!

Good luck , let us know how it goes....maybe I will be applying for my husband soon for Morocco, if all else fails!

hicham

hiya

Post by hicham » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:28 am

salam
thank you
i was in the consulat and they gave me a list of documents i need
i need 12 documents ha ha ha ha and i will full a form online in inis.gov.ie
contact me in the msn if u want me to send you all the documents ...
if u r not married yet and u want to marry the moroccan man in morocco u should to have 1 month of holidays cuz its really hard and they will make you so tired if u are married thats good
i'm sure i will get the visa just i'm impatience to join my WIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE grrrrrrrrrrrrrr and her too
thx a lot

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 pm

I have been married 3 years, so no I will not be getting married in Morocco....we live in Italy!

What documents did they ask you??? Do you mind writingt he list....no I will know for the future?

Where are you going to live in Ireland Dublin?

Thanks

hicham

hiya

Post by hicham » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:28 pm

salam italiano
u live in italy thats good its not like if u are in ireland and hes in morocco
anyway they asked me loads of things
passport +mariage cert +traduction in english+work cert for her+sponsoring letter+relationship history letter +electricity bill+bank account bill and payslips +3 visa fotos +3passport fotos + 100 euro + full the form in inis.gov.ie+passport copy+stamps copy (passport stamps) all that for applying for a visa and maybe after that they will ask other documents :shock:
i'm going to live in Galway

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:41 pm

You don't have to pay!!! As a spouse of an EU citizen the visa should be issued free of charge! see below -

http://www.foreignaffairs.gov.ie/home/i ... px?id=8780

Some applicants are not required to pay a fee. This includes Visa required spouses and certain family members of EEA citizens (including Irish nationals) provided that proof of the relationship is provided with the application.

I wish it was that easy!! We are having lots of problems in italy!! So maybe we will apply from Morocco still not decided yet!

file girl
Newly Registered

Post by file girl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 pm

I have made an application for my non-EU spouse to get residence here (student visa already expired)... should I have paid the application fee??

hicham

Post by hicham » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:17 pm

i said that but the irish consulate is in agadir and they have the big one in rabat (i'm from taroudant) the woman said 100 euro to send the papers to other consulate and thats good for me cuz rabat is very far away than me (3000 km) = 12 hours in the bus
about the visa i read wht u send for me but here its morocco maybe i have to pay for it
and i will pay if they ask that
thxxxxxxx

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:46 am

This is taken from the Irish visa section - read carefully it specifically say no fee

Some applicants are not required to pay a fee. This includes Visa required spouses and certain family members of EEA citizens (including Irish nationals) provided that proof of the relationship is provided with the application.

Contact the embassy again and tell them this!!! Also Get your spouse to contact SOLVIT

You do not have to pay the fee - no matter what they say!!! They have to send the papers and pay for them not you!!!!!!!! You have to stand up for your rights!!! Or they will just take advantage! Contact inis directly send an email and get written proof you do not need to pay! If I was you I would send all your documents off to the embassy and print out the webpage where it says you do not have to pay! Attach a cover letter explaining you are a spouse of a Irish citizen and therefore you do not have to pay!

hicham

Post by hicham » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:47 pm

ok ciara i will email the inis website and i will see wht they will say and i will print thiers answer and take it with me t the cnsulate when i will give them the documents
but here in mrocco its deffirent we dnt have rights and just ask your husband about rights here maybe if i dnt pay they will do problems and maybe i will not get the visa they are really shit especially in the irish cnsulate just mroccans (agadir one) so thats mean i have to patient and pay the 100 euro anyway i will do all my efforts to show them that i have not to pay
thank you

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Hicham I understand your situation. If you are really worried about them not giving you a visa in agadir if you argue with them about the visa fees then I suggest you pay them (although this is unlawful) BUT keep the receipt. When you arrive and settle in Ireland, send a cover letter with a copy of the receipt and your issued visa to the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin requesting a refund of the Visa fee you have paid in Morroco. Don't forget to enclose with your letter a copy of your marriage certificate and you spouse's birth certificate or passport photo page.
All the best of luck

hicham

thc nehro

Post by hicham » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Nehro wrote:Hicham I understand your situation. If you are really worried about them not giving you a visa in agadir if you argue with them about the visa fees then I suggest you pay them (although this is unlawful) BUT keep the receipt. When you arrive and settle in Ireland, send a cover letter with a copy of the receipt and your issued visa to the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin requesting a refund of the Visa fee you have paid in Morroco. Don't forget to enclose with your letter a copy of your marriage certificate and you spouse's birth certificate or passport photo page.
All the best of luck
tha,k you nehro i really i will do that and i will ask them a reciept
maybe they will not give me a reciept ha ha ha !!!! they are not stuped
if i dont find any solution i will pay and thats bad but if that will make me get the visa quickly and go to my wife its ok
thank you