ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Level Experience without bachelor degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunny158

Graduate Level Experience without bachelor degree

Post by sunny158 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Graduate Level Experience – Work experience in a position that normally requires education to at least bachelor degree level. The individual need not necessarily have a bachelor degree in order to score points for graduate level experience. However, the applicant must supply satisfactory evidence that the job in question would usually only be offered to candidates who had at least a bachelor level degree.

How to demostrate that the job I had done for 3 years was a Graduate Level Experience, but I did not hold a degree during that 3 years. What evidences are satisfactory ones? Please discuss this topic. I think I will be helpful for me and other HSMP applicants. Thanks, all.

dglynn05
Newly Registered

Post by dglynn05 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:50 pm

In the employer reference letter that you submit with the application, I would include a statement where you list the job's responsibilities as required by the guidance notes, like this:

The job/profession of ______________ presumes skills of a university graduate with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.

I put this statement in my job reference letter that I submitted with my successful application.

I think the key is that your employer needs to articulate (or you articulate on behalf of your employer who will then sign the letter that you write to ensure appropriate content and save them time) that the job itself would normally be filled by someone with a university degree or someone with equivalent skills/experience as a person with a unversity degree.

sunny158

Thank you, dglynn05

Post by sunny158 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:36 pm

I will provide a very detailed employer letter, and another reference from a chamber organization, i think the similar job advertisements which require a first degrss could be useful as well. Thank u very much, dglynno5.