ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS to PSW transition but have to go back due to family

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkscorpio
Newly Registered

IGS to PSW transition but have to go back due to family

Post by kkscorpio » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Dear All,

Let me thank you first for all the hardwork people have put into this forum. I have been looking around and cant find anything relating to my issue.

I finished my masters degree from a very reputable university in england and got my IGS in march 08 valid till 5th march 09. Now i want to extend the IGS into PSW form another year.

But there is a problem, I have a family emergency and am flying back to India on the 4th march. But i wont be able to send my application for extension as i dunno how long it will take and i need to go back.

Once i am finished in India i was wondering that will it be possible to extend the PSW for another year from India ??

I have read that IGS to PSW tranisition has to be within UK. Now i dont understand that what would people do in a circumstance like this as surely i wanna come back to make use of the year i have .

I called HO but as usual they dont know nuthing about it. I downloaded the PSW application from Indian visa website and in there it says that i have to apply for PSW within a year of me getting my degree.

I am so confused dunno wat to do and where to get any help from. Please i would be so obliged if someone can give me some info.

I meet all the requirements and have the manintanence funds as well got over 3k in the bank account for over 4-5 months.

Please as mentioned would really appreciate if someone can give me some pointers and how to overcome this issue.

Will wait for responses.

regards

Sonam
Newly Registered

Post by Sonam » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Under transitional arrangements, IGS holders cannot apply from outside UK.

They have to be in the UK to apply to get further leave to remain under PSW arrangements. Try to get an appointment for PSW for tomorrow at any public enquiry office around UK.

Their telephone no. is 08706067766.

I know its hard but do try who knows some one might have cancelled their appointment for tomorrow !!!

Best of luck !

kkscorpio
Newly Registered

Post by kkscorpio » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanx for the reply,

I dont think tomorrow will be a possibility as i am leaving in a hurry i have still loads to take care off,

So there is no other way then. This is something out of my hands and didnt plan for. Was wondering if i can explain my situation with the proof of the emergency in India. May be the high comission will look at the case differently.

And also how about i go back and come back on a tourist visa. can i then apply for the PSW.

Thank you again for the input.

Regards

Sonam
Newly Registered

Post by Sonam » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Ohh I am sorry to hear thats very unfortunate.

You can have a chat with British High Commission in India, however even you must be aware of how rigid visa rules are.

I am not so sure whether or not PSW can be applied under visitor visa but isn't visitors are only allowed to stay in UK for 6 months or less.... so thats a rare possibility.

Wait for Tier 1 general rules to be revised, who knows may be you can apply under those conditions from India, though for that you would have to hav £2800 at all times for last 3 months.

kkscorpio
Newly Registered

Post by kkscorpio » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanx for the reply.

Anyone else got any other input. Any help would be great at this time.

Regards

deltauk

Re: IGS to PSW transition but have to go back due to family

Post by deltauk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:11 am

kkscorpio wrote:Dear All,

Let me thank you first for all the hardwork people have put into this forum. I have been looking around and cant find anything relating to my issue.

I finished my masters degree from a very reputable university in england and got my IGS in march 08 valid till 5th march 09. Now i want to extend the IGS into PSW form another year.

But there is a problem, I have a family emergency and am flying back to India on the 4th march. But i wont be able to send my application for extension as i dunno how long it will take and i need to go back.

Once i am finished in India i was wondering that will it be possible to extend the PSW for another year from India ??

I have read that IGS to PSW tranisition has to be within UK. Now i dont understand that what would people do in a circumstance like this as surely i wanna come back to make use of the year i have .

I called HO but as usual they dont know nuthing about it. I downloaded the PSW application from Indian visa website and in there it says that i have to apply for PSW within a year of me getting my degree.

I am so confused dunno wat to do and where to get any help from. Please i would be so obliged if someone can give me some info.

I meet all the requirements and have the manintanence funds as well got over 3k in the bank account for over 4-5 months.

Please as mentioned would really appreciate if someone can give me some pointers and how to overcome this issue.

Will wait for responses.

regards
Hi there,

I am in exactly same situation as you. I had to fly back to india on 4th March due to family problems as well and I want to get my IGS extended for another one year.

I emailed british high commission before coming back to india and even spoke to them over the phone. Two different people from caseworker unit advised me that I cannot apply for an extension under IGS visa however I have to apply under PSW and will get the remaining period of one year.

After coming back to india I phoned VFS office in delhi just to clear this out with them too. They said to me that they have been advised by British High Commission to not to take any applications under PSW ( for extension of one more year of IGS, SEGS etc) any longer after 28th Feb 09.

They didnt give me any appropiate reasons, all they said is this has been closed so we will no longer be taking such applications.

I was thinking the same to write British High Commssion a letter with evidence of my unforseen circumstances and see how it goes.

Please if you have any updates let me know, would be really appreciated.

Kind Regards
Simar

brocklasner67@hotmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by brocklasner67@hotmail.com » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:37 pm

hi

I have been refused becauseof the £800 statement. could anyone have faced the same situation.

I wait for your reply.

Thanks