ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit + HSMP holder- Permanent Residency regulations?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ankurarora
Newly Registered

Work permit + HSMP holder- Permanent Residency regulations?

Post by ankurarora » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Hello

I was on work permit from November 2004. The company got the work permit issued in the same month and I sent my passport for FLR(ID) visa in the same month as well. However I got my 5 yr visa in March 2005. I subsequently decided to apply for HSMP in July 2006 and got my HSMP letter in August 2006 and my 2 yr HSMP visa in October 2006. I have now got the same extended for 3 yrs, valid till October 2011.

1. What regulations for permanent residency and citizenship would I have to follow? I.e. 4 or 5 yrs or permanent residency (if and when the HSMP forum wins their case). I would like to be prepared to apply for the same if I become eligible PR after 4 years stay (which would either be Nov 2008 or March 2009).

2. Would the calculation of time start from the time I got the first work permit (November 2004) or from the time I got the first FLR(ID), i.e. March 2005.

Many thanks for your time.