ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

misspelling on my Husband's surname on my visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saliha kellou
Newly Registered

misspelling on my Husband's surname on my visa

Post by saliha kellou » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:07 pm

hi,there

I would be grateful if someone could help me.

there is a misspelling on my Husband's surname on my visa on my passport I'm very sad Ido not know what shall I do I let you know that I had been waiting for my passport to be send to me over the limited time. Now I want to travel urgently to see my son who I have not seen him for almost 8 years I'm wondering if I can first travel then when I come back I complain.

Husband Firstname: Aziz Surname: Liddawi

Me Firstname: Saliha Surname: Kellou

on my visa on my passport which I am going to travel with is written

Kellou Epse Liddalui Saliha instead of

Kellou Epse Liddawi Saliha

Any reply would be very appreciated Thanks

Alexisos
Newly Registered

name misspelt

Post by Alexisos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Hello Saliha

Sorry to hear that.

I would say that first you need to make sure that really is an error. How is your name spelt in your passport? Not on the endorsement, but on the details page of your passport? If it is Liddalui, that is the reason why they have also used that spelling on the endorsement. If that's the case, it's not an error, as they have to use the same name as in the passport.

However, if it is an error, I think it might be a good idea to call the PEO as soon as possible to inform them about the error. It's possible that because it's such a small misspelling, it might not need to be amended. Did you get an accompanying letter with your passport? Is the name spelt correctly there?

if they say you need to get that amended, explain to them that you have waited quite a long time to have your passport back, and that you were really looking forward to seeing your son who you havent seen for a long time. Kindly ask the officer on the phone to give you an appointment to go to the PEO in person and get the correction done. Who knows? You might be luckey. No harm in trying.

Wish you good luck!

saliha kellou
Newly Registered

Re: name misspelt

Post by saliha kellou » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Alexisos wrote:Hello Saliha

Sorry to hear that.

I would say that first you need to make sure that really is an error. How is your name spelt in your passport? Not on the endorsement, but on the details page of your passport? If it is Liddalui, that is the reason why they have also used that spelling on the endorsement. If that's the case, it's not an error, as they have to use the same name as in the passport.

However, if it is an error, I think it might be a good idea to call the PEO as soon as possible to inform them about the error. It's possible that because it's such a small misspelling, it might not need to be amended. Did you get an accompanying letter with your passport? Is the name spelt correctly there?

if they say you need to get that amended, explain to them that you have waited quite a long time to have your passport back, and that you were really looking forward to seeing your son who you havent seen for a long time. Kindly ask the officer on the phone to give you an appointment to go to the PEO in person and get the correction done. Who knows? You might be luckey. No harm in trying.

Wish you good luck!
hi there,

I was very pleased for the reply, well my name was spelt correctly on the details page of my passport.

the error is on my endorsement instead of Kellou Epse Liddawi Saliha

they wrote Kellou Epse Liddalui Saliha

saliha kellou
Newly Registered

Re: name misspelt

Post by saliha kellou » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 pm

saliha kellou wrote:
Alexisos wrote:Hello Saliha

Sorry to hear that.

Wish you good luck!
hi there,

I was very pleased for the reply, well my name was spelt correctly on the details page of my passport.

the error is on my endorsement instead of Kellou Epse Liddawi Saliha

they wrote Kellou Epse Liddalui Saliha
pls what does the PEO means thanks

Alexisos
Newly Registered

PEO

Post by Alexisos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:59 pm

PEO means Public Enquiry Office

Please see UKBA website for details on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... page/peos/