ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence of reference letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

axer
Newly Registered

Absence of reference letter

Post by axer » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:25 pm

Regarding work expirience.
There is only one type of evidence specified in the Leaflet:

"Employer references on their letter headed paper, clearly showing the start and end dates of each position held
during the employment, the job title and a description of duties and responsibilities held."

My manager declined my request to give me the reference letter now, I have everything from this job - payslips, contract .. but nobody who can give me the reference (this manager is only the superior).

What would you reccomend ? I would like to apply next week ..

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:48 pm

Axer, i did not collect any reference letter in my case, instead i inluded my appointment letter which states the date of start up, salary and position, i included resignation letters from those i had resigned from with the date of resignation, i also included a letter from the company accepting the resignation and the date is on also. Every of this is on the companies letter headed paper. For my present job i just included my appointment letter. For the job that the contract ended i included the companies' letter terminating the job with the reason and the date and i also included my payoff for this one. The problem is that am seeking redress in court from this last company for short payment and certainly will not get a reference letter from them.
I think all this will do, just a proof you are not lieing about your experience. I hope this helps.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:01 pm

Thanks Papafaith !

JERIE
Newly Registered

Post by JERIE » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Papafaith wrote:Axer, i did not collect any reference letter in my case, instead i inluded my appointment letter which states the date of start up, salary and position, i included resignation letters from those i had resigned from with the date of resignation, i also included a letter from the company accepting the resignation and the date is on also. Every of this is on the companies letter headed paper. For my present job i just included my appointment letter. For the job that the contract ended i included the companies' letter terminating the job with the reason and the date and i also included my payoff for this one. The problem is that am seeking redress in court from this last company for short payment and certainly will not get a reference letter from them.
I think all this will do, just a proof you are not lieing about your experience. I hope this helps.
hi, i faced the same problem and intend to do what u do. so does your help?