ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Section 2 - Date and place of first arrival

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alexisos
Newly Registered

Form AN - Section 2 - Date and place of first arrival

Post by Alexisos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Dear forum colleagues

My question is a bit tricky and I understand that there may not be a definite answer, but I'd still like to hear your opinions, especially if you have experienced a similar issue.

Section 2.1 of Form AN asks for date and place of first arrival in the UK.

Page 16 of the Guide AN says: "Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered.

I entered the UK as a visitor in March 1998, and have been legally living here since then. I initially thought about using that date for section 2.1 of the AN form, but then, after reading the instructions on page 16 of the Guide, I am not certain whether that date is appropriate. This is because, as I mentioned, I entered the UK as a visitor, and as a visitor I didnt (and should not have had) a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis.

Am I being unnecessarily meticulous?

I was thinking about using March 1998, but then make a note on page 14 of the form explaining that I entered as a visitor and on that occasion I didn't have a view to staying in the country on a long-term basis.

I would really appreciate your opinion/views on this matter.

If you are also in the process of applying for naturalisation as a British citizen, and have questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Regards and thanks

saliha kellou
Newly Registered

Re: Form AN - Section 2 - Date and place of first arrival

Post by saliha kellou » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Alexisos wrote:Dear forum colleagues

My question is a bit tricky and I understand that there may not be a definite answer, but I'd still like to hear your opinions, especially if you have experienced a similar issue.

Section 2.1 of Form AN asks for date and place of first arrival in the UK.

Page 16 of the Guide AN says: "Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered.

I entered the UK as a visitor in March 1998, and have been legally living here since then. I initially thought about using that date for section 2.1 of the AN form, but then, after reading the instructions on page 16 of the Guide, I am not certain whether that date is appropriate. This is because, as I mentioned, I entered the UK as a visitor, and as a visitor I didnt (and should not have had) a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis.

Am I being unnecessarily meticulous?

I was thinking about using March 1998, but then make a note on page 14 of the form explaining that I entered as a visitor and on that occasion I didn't have a view to staying in the country on a long-term basis.

I would really appreciate your opinion/views on this matter.

If you are also in the process of applying for naturalisation as a British citizen, and have questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Regards and thanks
Alexisos if you are still here pls read my second quote and reply me many thanks