ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On Tier1 Visa and working - Can I study part time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishna186

On Tier1 Visa and working - Can I study part time

Post by krishna186 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:16 pm

All,

I am currently on TIER1 and would like to probably consider options to do my Executive MBA ( part time ) . Do I need a seperate visa or permission from HO for this ?
Also I have been in the UK since Sep 2005 on WP and moved to TIER1 in May 2008 . Will I need to be paying international fees or be treated as UK national equivalent as far as COURSE FEES are considered ?

Another query I had is I may wish to do the full time MBA course which is ONE year instead of 2 Year part time Exec MBA. If this be the case , DO i need to change my TIER1 Visa to Student Visa ? Also what happens to my ILR eligiblity in each of these cases ?

Thanks

ci07jjs

Re: On Tier1 Visa and working - Can I study part time

Post by ci07jjs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

krishna186 wrote:All,

I am currently on TIER1 and would like to probably consider options to do my Executive MBA ( part time ) . Do I need a seperate visa or permission from HO for this ?
No
krishna186 wrote: Also I have been in the UK since Sep 2005 on WP and moved to TIER1 in May 2008 . Will I need to be paying international fees or be treated as UK national equivalent as far as COURSE FEES are considered ?
Overseas fees
krishna186 wrote: Another query I had is I may wish to do the full time MBA course which is ONE year instead of 2 Year part time Exec MBA. If this be the case , DO i need to change my TIER1 Visa to Student Visa ? Also what happens to my ILR eligiblity in each of these cases ?
you can stay on tier1 and study if you wish.

Thanks

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: On Tier1 Visa and working - Can I study part time

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:51 pm

If you take MBA course in the UK (Not bogus MBA). All students (UK as well as Eu students) pay the same fee with interantional students e.g unsubsidised fee. So it does not really matter whteher it is international fee or home fee.

krishna186 wrote:All,

Another query I had is I may wish to do the full time MBA course which is ONE year instead of 2 Year part time Exec MBA. If this be the case , DO i need to change my TIER1 Visa to Student Visa ? Also what happens to my ILR eligiblity in each of these cases ?

Thanks
Pantaiema