ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University letter requirement for tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confused-guy
Newly Registered

University letter requirement for tier 1 extension

Post by confused-guy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 am

hi,

I am currently in UK as HSMP visa holder, which was granted in april 2007.
I will be applying for an extension under tier 1 general soon.

I got all the required documents but I would like to clarify one small doubt that I have in my mind. I would require everyones suggestions please

Do I have to provide home office with a " University letter saying My degree was taught in English?". My degree is equivalent to UK bachelors degree and qualification can be found at BIA Point based calculator.

If I require to submit that letter then it is possible to use the same letter that I have used during my initial hsmp application , (this letter is dated 2 years back on 12 march 2007). I have used the same letter during initial hsmp application but the only problem is date. My university from where I obtained the degree is based in INDIA. It is not possible to re-obtain the letter since i have to travel to india to get that letter.

Please help, do u think i need such a letter as it was hsmp requirement not tier 1 requirement??

thanks

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 am

If you proven your english requirements during your initial HSMP app, then you don't need to prove it under extension.
Hope this help
Kaff