ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English proficiency letter from college or university

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sha_1976
Newly Registered

English proficiency letter from college or university

Post by sha_1976 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi,

I finished my Bachelor degree from XYZ College and it is affiliated by ABC university. I have got a letter from XYZ College mentioning my english proficiency in my degree. ABC university is listed in Noric database but my college is not listed in Noric.

My question, the letter from college is enough or do i need to get the letter from university?

Thanks
Sha

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:11 pm

hi,
If your University is listed in the points based calculator then there is no need to show the Profeciency in English letter.
:-)

sha_1976
Newly Registered

Post by sha_1976 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My university is listed in the noric but my college is not listed. Anyhow i got the letter from my college, is that fine?

Thanks
sha

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:28 pm

sha_1976 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

My university is listed in the noric but my college is not listed. Anyhow i got the letter from my college, is that fine?

Thanks
sha
Check the points calculator. If it awards you 10 points under English language requirement for your course+institute then you should not have any problem. Otherwise you will have to write one of the tests.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sha_1976
Newly Registered

Post by sha_1976 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks push_hsmp.

If it awards you 10 points under English language requirement for your course+institute then you should not have any problem.

--- 10 points awarded for my course + my university. But i studied in the college (college is not listed in noric) which is affiliated by this university. so is that fine to submit the letter from my college letterhead?

Sorry for the repeated question but i need to clear on this.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:20 am

It sounds as though you will need a letter from the college to say that they are part of the university in question.