ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for Earning in Home country while working in UK ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tripas3
Newly Registered

Points for Earning in Home country while working in UK ?

Post by tripas3 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi All ,

Can any one please help me and clear the confusion for scoring the points for HSMP on earnings ?

I am currently deputed in UK by my parent company in India.I am getting my basic salary in India currency in my Indian Bank Account while here I get my onsite salary in GBP's.

I get salary slips for both the salaries one for basic salary in India and the other one is in GBP.

I want to consider the basic salary payed in India while I am in UK to make up my points. How should I consider this Indian Salary for entering them into the calculator ?

Will the basic Salary paid in India while I am in UK will have a uplift ratio as I am applying for the fresh visa ?

Please clarify...

Thanks !

girlinLondon

Re: Points for Earning in Home country while working in UK ?

Post by girlinLondon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:51 pm

tripas3 wrote:Hi All ,

Can any one please help me and clear the confusion for scoring the points for HSMP on earnings ?

I am currently deputed in UK by my parent company in India.I am getting my basic salary in India currency in my Indian Bank Account while here I get my onsite salary in GBP's.

I get salary slips for both the salaries one for basic salary in India and the other one is in GBP.

I want to consider the basic salary payed in India while I am in UK to make up my points. How should I consider this Indian Salary for entering them into the calculator ?

Will the basic Salary paid in India while I am in UK will have a uplift ratio as I am applying for the fresh visa ?

Please clarify...

Thanks !
Hi,
I think you have misread the guidance notes. It says your gross salary. So put your gross salary in calculation and not the net. And I think if you look carefully they add and subtract your Indian Salary in the UK payslip.

Thanks.

tripas3
Newly Registered

Post by tripas3 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks for replying.

You mean to say I need not consider the Indian Basic salary and only enter the UK gross salary for calculating the points for the period I have stayed in UK.

The second thing is that , out of the 12 months for which I am showing the earnings, 8 months earnings are from India while the remaining 4 months is UK earnings.

How do I calculate the Points in this case ? Can I calculate the earnings on Pro-rata basis based on 8 months earnings in India ?

Thanks !

girlinLondon

Post by girlinLondon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:35 am

tripas3 wrote:Thanks for replying.

You mean to say I need not consider the Indian Basic salary and only enter the UK gross salary for calculating the points for the period I have stayed in UK.

The second thing is that , out of the 12 months for which I am showing the earnings, 8 months earnings are from India while the remaining 4 months is UK earnings.

How do I calculate the Points in this case ? Can I calculate the earnings on Pro-rata basis based on 8 months earnings in India ?

Thanks !
See this is how to do it:

1. Put gross salary whether it is uk [which already contains your indian total salary ] or indian salary.
2. For the 8 months for which you have indian salary put in the calculator workplace India and currency INR. then they ask you to convert using some site. do that and the equivalent GBP is already calculated.

So your salary should have just two sets of salary slips and bank statements :

one set for the uk pay for 4 months - salary slip and bank statement
the other for the indian pay for 8 months - salary slip and bank statement.