ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

getting married to US citizen in USA and moving there

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mufty
Newly Registered

getting married to US citizen in USA and moving there

Post by mufty » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:45 am

wanting to get married to a Texan gal when my divorce comes thru soon i hope. if i visit US and get married while i'm there then return to UK as i still work here in UK. will that speed up my entry into US if so what do i need to do. or if when we get married can i do form filling in usa will that be better as dont really want to wait in uk for months while its processed. been seeing her for over to years now. if on a visa waiver can that be changed when i'm there once we are married or will i have to come back. sorry so many questtions. :lol:

Naresh Gehi
BANNED

Post by Naresh Gehi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 am

After your divorce, you can marry her and qualify for the green card in the U.S. In other words, you will not have to leave the country and can qualify for adjustment of status.

Julien Grants
Newly Registered

Post by Julien Grants » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi,
I thought the status of a visa waiver couldn't be changed, that if you came for 3 months, you had to leave in that period.