ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension under Tier 1 General System 8 months before

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eashkuma4
India

HSMP Extension under Tier 1 General System 8 months before

Post by eashkuma4 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:40 am

Hi,

Can any one let me know if I can apply for a extension of my HSMP Visa under Tier 1 General Extensions now though my Visa actually expires in Dec '09.

The basic reason why I want to extend my visa now is I am looking for some new job outside and every one is saying my visa expiry is in this year Dec 2009 so they are unable to provide me some offer.

Had any one extended thier visa before 8 months of the expiry date if so please let me know.

also between If I extend the visa now how many years further the extension will be given?

Regards,
Kumar

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP Extension under Tier 1 General System 8 months befo

Post by gotcha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:44 am

eashkuma4 wrote:Hi,

Can any one let me know if I can apply for a extension of my HSMP Visa under Tier 1 General Extensions now though my Visa actually expires in Dec '09.

The basic reason why I want to extend my visa now is I am looking for some new job outside and every one is saying my visa expiry is in this year Dec 2009 so they are unable to provide me some offer.

Had any one extended thier visa before 8 months of the expiry date if so please let me know.

also between If I extend the visa now how many years further the extension will be given?

Regards,
Kumar
Please take some efforts and search this site for loads of similar threads.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Yes you can, but if approved you extension will be from the date of issue means either in March or April-2009. You will ne another extension (which means proper job and maintenance fund at the time that extension) to complete 5 years for ILR. hope this helps
Kaff

eashkuma4
India

Post by eashkuma4 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Kaff wrote:Yes you can, but if approved you extension will be from the date of issue means either in March or April-2009. You will ne another extension (which means proper job and maintenance fund at the time that extension) to complete 5 years for ILR. hope this helps
Okay , Thank you

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Kaff wrote:Yes you can, but if approved you extension will be from the date of issue means either in March or April-2009. You will ne another extension (which means proper job and maintenance fund at the time that extension) to complete 5 years for ILR. hope this helps

This is contraary to this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/postin ... e&p=232404
sunflower wrote:Hi,

I applied for my visa extension in January even though my visa expires only at the end of april. I was granted visa yesterday for 3 years 2 months so I DIDNOT loose any leave because of early application.

Hope it clarifies. In my case it is 3 month early application.

straight
Newly Registered

When I asked same question of Home Office today

Post by straight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:59 pm

They said if I applied 9 months early more than likely it would be rejected and I would loose my fees.

Who knows? It seems to be who picks up your paperwork and who you speak to.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: When I asked same question of Home Office today

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Send an email inquiry to home office asking them if you can apply before your current leave expires. Include printout of that email reply with your application and it should help.
Check this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I have pasted email reply I received from HO. Hope if should help.

straight wrote:They said if I applied 9 months early more than likely it would be rejected and I would loose my fees.

Who knows? It seems to be who picks up your paperwork and who you speak to.