ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension application-Eduction confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jalal.din

Extension application-Eduction confusion

Post by jalal.din » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi,
I got my HSMP visa back in July 2007 under the rules after dec 2006. I got my degree accepted and I was awarded 30 points. My english language letter from univ was also accepted as english language proof.

Now I have to extend my application within next three months. I tried using the points calculator today. I can see my univ and degree in points calculator but It gives me 0 points for that degree. and 0 points for Enghlish language proof as well.

Any comments or feedback? At what numbers/email I can contact to home office to clarify the situation?

Kind regards,
Jalal

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Extension application-Eduction confusion

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Which university and what degree?

I think if you have evaluated your degree before, then you dont need to send it again, just mention and claim the point. Alternatively you can write to NARIC and to confirm your degree's comparibility as you have still three months left for your extention.

jalal.din wrote:Hi,
I got my HSMP visa back in July 2007 under the rules after dec 2006. I got my degree accepted and I was awarded 30 points. My english language letter from univ was also accepted as english language proof.

Now I have to extend my application within next three months. I tried using the points calculator today. I can see my univ and degree in points calculator but It gives me 0 points for that degree. and 0 points for Enghlish language proof as well.

Any comments or feedback? At what numbers/email I can contact to home office to clarify the situation?

Kind regards,
Jalal
Thinking low is crime....

jalal.din

Post by jalal.din » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:21 pm

I got 3 to 4 years honours bachelors degree from National University of computer and emerging sciences Islamabad Pakistan. I already have a letter from NARIC which I used it in initial application back in May 2007. They rejected my degree in first instance. But accepted it later in appeal as I mentioned that NARIC letter was attached with original application.

Does any body have any idea about the upcoming changes (april 2009) for tier 1 for extension applications? What are the expected cost related changes?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:26 pm

I dont think that you need to resubmitt your degree. Just tick the box that you have already submitted the degree and satisfied English languge requirement.

No one is 100% sure that new changes would be applicable for existing Teir 1/HSMP people. We have to wait for the time when HO announces guidelines regarding these.

jalal.din wrote:I got 3 to 4 years honours bachelors degree from National University of computer and emerging sciences Islamabad Pakistan. I already have a letter from NARIC which I used it in initial application back in May 2007. They rejected my degree in first instance. But accepted it later in appeal as I mentioned that NARIC letter was attached with original application.

Does any body have any idea about the upcoming changes (april 2009) for tier 1 for extension applications? What are the expected cost related changes?
Thinking low is crime....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi,
While selecting degree you have to tick the "little radio button" after selecting university from the list. This tick will include your university and hopefully it would reflect the points.

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi jalal.din,

I was going thru the tier1 guidance for preparing my application for extension. I came across an answer to uor query.

Plz hav a look at the tier1generalguidance pdf :arrow: page 15 :arrow: point no. 63., 64, 65. You may call up the UKBA customer care to confirm the same.

I think, it will be wise to give a pointer to their tier1generalguidance (page, point no, etc) in the cover letter of uor extn application as well as the appl form (if u find a suitable place for this pt as add-on).

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Debjani.