ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fill in VAF9 help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mitrkk

Fill in VAF9 help required

Post by mitrkk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi all

Am applying for Tier 1 General Visa.
I have a couple of questions filling in VAF9 form.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,
KK

1.2 title : TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT SELF- ASSESSMENT --- is this OK ?

3.4 Passport expiry date: 17/04/2011 -- is this OK ? It expires in 2 yrs from now. I believe the Tier 1 visa is issued for a period of 3 yrs.

6.9 Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences)? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

I am applying from the United States.

I have one speeding ticket. I guess, I should mention it here.
I have one minor accident. It was very minor ..no one's hurt. I dint hit anyone. NO TICKET was issued. Its one my DMV records though. Should I mention it ??

Also, do traffic offenses be any negative impact on the application ??

7. Is there any other information you wish to give in support of your application?

What should I say here ??

6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

I was refused a student visa to the US in 2002. But in 2003, I was re-issued and am here. Right now I am on work visa (H1 B).

I do not know the reason for rejection. They haven't said anything on the passport. What should I say for the REASON column. Also, they ask for a reference number, which I am not sure either.

Please suggest.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Fill in VAF9 help required

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:11 pm

mitrkk wrote:Hi all

Am applying for Tier 1 General Visa.
I have a couple of questions filling in VAF9 form.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,
KK

1.2 title : TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT SELF- ASSESSMENT --- is this OK ?

Just TIER 1 (General) would be OK

3.4 Passport expiry date: 17/04/2011 -- is this OK ? It expires in 2 yrs from now. I believe the Tier 1 visa is issued for a period of 3 yrs.

Yes, you should write the same. They would issue visa on the current passport and later on if you wish to transfer on new passport you can do it, alternatively you have to carry both current and new passport.

6.9 Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences)? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

I am applying from the United States.

I have one speeding ticket. I guess, I should mention it here.
I have one minor accident. It was very minor ..no one's hurt. I dint hit anyone. NO TICKET was issued. Its one my DMV records though. Should I mention it ??

Also, do traffic offenses be any negative impact on the application ??

Yes, you should declare these offences, I would not hamper your case to be approved.

7. Is there any other information you wish to give in support of your application?

What should I say here ??

Anything that could support your application. You know your things better.

6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

I was refused a student visa to the US in 2002. But in 2003, I was re-issued and am here. Right now I am on work visa (H1 B).

I do not know the reason for rejection. They haven't said anything on the passport. What should I say for the REASON column. Also, they ask for a reference number, which I am not sure either.

Yes, you can declare this on the column and explain that once visa is refused but later on approved. I am sure that it would not any impact regarding your Tier1 case.

Please suggest.
Thinking low is crime....

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:33 pm

that helps. Thank you very much.