ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jafars
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds

Post by jafars » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi guys,
I'm applying for Tier 1 General and as we all know I should show that I have 800 GBP on my account for the past three months, so I was wondering is it OK to have this amount in my Cash ISA account or not? I'm applying within UK.

Thanks,

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance Funds

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Its absolutely fine... just keep in mind that the statment should be not less than 3 months( even for a single day)..the amount should not be less than £800 (even a single Penny) and should not be one month old on the date of submission (even for a single day).

jafars wrote:Hi guys,
I'm applying for Tier 1 General and as we all know I should show that I have 800 GBP on my account for the past three months, so I was wondering is it OK to have this amount in my Cash ISA account or not? I'm applying within UK.

Thanks,
Thinking low is crime....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Its Okay to have the amount in Cash ISA account. In your letter from Bank, try to get a statement that this amount was/is available to you any time.

I think even without the above statement in bank letter you should be fine but why take risk?

jafars
Newly Registered

Post by jafars » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 pm

alright, cheers guys,
one thing though, I only have bank statements for past three months for my ISA account so they didn't give me a letter, is it gonna be a problem or not?

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:49 am

The letter is not necessary as long as you have original bank statements, which shows:

the applicant’s name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution’s name and logo;
transactions covering the three month period;
that there are enough funds present in the account, the balance must always be at least £800

Cash ISA is fine as everyone knows the cash is instant.