ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my wife has been refused ilr and i need help to appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nazir
Newly Registered

Post by nazir » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:45 am

today we received a letter form the home office which states that my wife's application has failed and says that the secretary of state is not satisfied that you will both be able to maintain yourselves and any dependents without recourse to public funds.

i am disabled, suffering from severe OCD and also taking anti psychotic drugs. i enclosed my doctors letter to the home office saying that my health and mental state both depend on my wife as she assists me with my daily activities.

and for this reason and my wife is unable to work due to caring for me

can someone please help me. thank you

nazir
Newly Registered

Post by nazir » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:05 am

can anybody please help for my case please thank you

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:03 pm

I have dealt with a similar matter last year after a lady's ILR was turned down on the grounds that they were recieving financial help from friends and families because the husband was unable to work due a seriuos illness.

It was a very long drawn out matter and even a notice to deport was served on her.

We had to seek the help of a local MP, who was very understanding and sympathetic, and after months of arguments, she was granted leave.

I suggest you approach your local MP to help you, because I don't think there is anyone else that can help you out with this.

Wish you good luck.

nazir
Newly Registered

Post by nazir » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:20 pm

thank you batleykhan

yes the only help im getting is my benefits at the moment DLA, INCOME SUPPORT

and my wife is unable to work due to my sicknesss

i am going to see my mp keith vaz tomorrow, and also have a appointment with the IAS so lets see what happens
i
pls all help me if you can

and its upon god we rely on for good outcome

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:23 pm

By the way I forgot to mention you do not have a right of appeal against this decision unfortunately.

However in Mr Vaz you at least have a good and understanding MP, who might be able to pull the right strings at the Home Office.

nazir
Newly Registered

Post by nazir » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:29 pm

thank you batleykhan i will let you know of all developments in the case also we contacted the local paper here the leicester mercury and they say they are interested in running a story

another point is how can such a oppressive law be allowed to take place in this country

i think its time something was done to help those who severely ill and disabled

i wait for your reply

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:36 pm

batleykhan wrote:By the way I forgot to mention you do not have a right of appeal against this decision unfortunately.

However in Mr Vaz you at least have a good and understanding MP, who might be able to pull the right strings at the Home Office.
Is this correct information that you have no right of appeal when ILR is declined. I thought it depended on whether you have existing leave to remain but maybe someone else more knowledgeable can answer this..

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:46 pm

batleykhan wrote:
By the way I forgot to mention you do not have a right of appeal against this decision unfortunately.

Is this correct information that you have no right of appeal when ILR is declined. I thought it depended on whether you have existing leave to remain but maybe someone else more knowledgeable can answer this..
Sorry mistake on my behalf. You MAY NOT (instead of you DO NOT) have a right of appeal in every instance of refusal of ILR.

Having obtained full details from Naz, his wife has a right of appeal in this instance.I just remembered the last person I dealt with a similar matter was because she applied a month after her 2 yrs were up. Because she applied out of time, she had no right of appeal in that case, but we still managed to get the local MP to change HO decision in her favour.

Hope this helps Naz

nazir
Newly Registered

Post by nazir » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:07 pm

thank you very batleykhan for your advises

may god reward you well