ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on PSW application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kevinwcf
Newly Registered

Need advice on PSW application

Post by kevinwcf » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 am

Thank god! I have found this website. I am going to apply the PSW visa outside the UK which requires 2,800 pounds in my bank account for 3 months. I have all documents required including two and a half months bank statements and a bank letter confirming the funds. However, the confirmation letter from the bank was written in official-headed letter with NO official stamp. I am in doubt whether I can apply now or I should wait for the next bank statement to come. Since I am not in the UK, the next statement will come at the end of this month which makes me to wait for another month in here. Thanks in advance!

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:07 pm

why do you want to apply with just two and a half months statements? I feel it's best for you to wait an extra month for the final statement so you won't be refused. Just keep on maintaining at least £2800 in your account at all tiimes and you'll be fine.

kevinwcf
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwcf » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:35 pm

koolbone wrote:why do you want to apply with just two and a half months statements? I feel it's best for you to wait an extra month for the final statement so you won't be refused. Just keep on maintaining at least £2800 in your account at all tiimes and you'll be fine.
The fund has already been holding in the account for more than 3 months. If I apply the visa using bank statements, I will have to wait for the next statement that comes at the end of this month. I am sick of waiting. Thats why I asked the bank to write me a confirmation letter. Do u think the official stamp is really an issue?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm

kevinwcf wrote:
koolbone wrote:why do you want to apply with just two and a half months statements? I feel it's best for you to wait an extra month for the final statement so you won't be refused. Just keep on maintaining at least £2800 in your account at all tiimes and you'll be fine.
The fund has already been holding in the account for more than 3 months. If I apply the visa using bank statements, I will have to wait for the next statement that comes at the end of this month. I am sick of waiting. Thats why I asked the bank to write me a confirmation letter. Do u think the official stamp is really an issue?
The bank stamp is really an issue, if you must use a confirmation letter then it must contain an official stamp. But it would be in your best interest to get a full 3 months bank statement, except you are ready to go through with an appeal which would take you much longer than 3 weeks.Better be safe than sorry.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown