ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is acknowlegment letter?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MYSPACE
Newly Registered

What is acknowlegment letter?

Post by MYSPACE » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Can anyone plz advice on this issue..I recently apply for EU1, i sent in all original document i waited 4 week without any acknowlegment letter,so yesterday i decided 2 email the EU treaty section about the acknowlegment receipt...

Just this morning i received a regitered post with my original document an a letter qouit

"I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Law Reform to Refer to your recent request for the return of your original document

Please find the enclosed as requested the following original document"

Then nothing more....I dont understand what this mean...Since am only expecting an Acknowlegment letter which can allow me 2 work 4 6month.
and nothing in this letter stated something like that....

My question How do this acknowgment letter look like? and what inside?
Can i still expect such letter? or have i completed my application my requiting for acknowlegment of my document?

Anyone can plz advice

Thanx inb advance

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi MYSPACE,

Contact the DoJ again, pointing out their obligation in accordance with Article 10(1) of the Directive:
Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 10(1) wrote:1. The right of residence of family members of a Union citizen who are not nationals of a Member
State shall be evidenced by the issuing of a document called "Residence card of a family member of
a Union citizen" no later than six months from the date on which they submit the application. A
certificate of application for the residence card shall be issued immediately.
When you receive the certificate of application for the residence card, go to your local GNIB office and get your 6 month Stamp 4 card.