ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Service Standards

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taikoo
Newly Registered

New Service Standards

Post by taikoo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:44 am

HSMP

Service standard: 50% of applications to be decided within 5 weeks of receipt at our payment handling service and 90% in 14 weeks.

I just saw the above piece of information.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... dards.html?

I sent my application in the month of October 2004. It is now more than 24 weeks now! What are the service standards these guys are talking about???

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:26 am

Unfortunately you might have missed the ‘cut off’ they seem to have started implementing those standards just before xmas and in order to meet the 4 week standard it looks like they started with the Dec 1 application and have been processing applications as they come, they might have gone back and done the Nov application at one stage (am not sure as there are no posting from Nov guys) so since they are saying they meeting 85% of the application within 13weeks, your application unfortunately falls within the 15% they have failed to attend to. http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rvice.html?

At least for you there are some service standards set (since you applied after Oct 1)and there is a chance that they will go back to nov/oct applications once they clear the 100s of applications received in the last week of march, for someone who applied in July-Sept, there are no service standards that they have to meet and can from time to time leave those applications gathering dust while they clear the incoming ones

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:21 am

Thanks f2k for providing some positive boosters to my confidence.

Actually, I just saw another post by an applicant from Pakistan. From what he explains, I now tend to believe that we are now in country specific queues. More application from a specific country and you are in a long haul (no matter whether you applied in June, July or October). I am very embarrassed to see this discrimination. :oops: :oops: :oops:

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:33 am

Folks, get over it. Discrimination on various grounds have always existed, some of the grounds are illegal some simply cannot be. It is not a secret that in some countries it is easier to obtain false documents than in some other countries. Therefore it comes as no surprise that there are different queues. After all we are all not very happy in countries of our citizenship - that's why we are all here. The UK gives us the right to live and work here not because of our beautiful eyes but because the state expects us to give more than we take (which most of us I believe do) - and that is perfectly reasonable in my opinion... Just my 2p :-)

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:03 am

hsmphopeful,

I agree to you paritally. scrutinity is fine but discrimination is not acceptable.

By approving HSMP for a someone telanted from overseas is not a favour from UK to them. Dont forget as we need opportunity and so they need telanted people as well. Its not 1 way its give and take and from both the side.

Chris

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:35 am

i dont really mind if they the put us in different queues as long as the queues move at the same pace. The fact that they are doing us a 'favour' does not mean that they can discriminate against you. But in fairness to them i dont know many many applicants who have been treated 'badly' or 'unfairly' by the HO. Most of the refusals on posted on this forum had some 'flaws' due to the applicants part and a lot have corrected some of the mistakes, sent in a review and had the case approved. Again there have been a lot of 'chancers' i am sure from all the place, in my home country you can 'buy' bank statements, salary slips etc and the embassy there know that, so the HO will need to double check applications from there

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:03 pm

Exactly f2k, that's the reason the queues cannot move at the same pace. People at HO are not stupid and are not children - they do realise that applications from some countries need more checking than from others, therefore it would be unreasonable to expect that all applications will be moving at the same speed through the system. Anyway, this is my subjective opinion only :-)

regards

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:02 pm

taikoo,

I am a fellow October 2004 applicant, also waiting in the backlog queue. You are not alone.

Most of the October 2004 applicants seem to be hanging out on the HSMP-Services.co.uk website. That is why we don't see them on here so much

Nonetheless, those who applied in October 2004 still wait....

paresh1

Post by paresh1 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:46 pm

Folks, I can understand making country specific queues because they may want balanced level of immigrants. But this thing should have been clarified on their website in advance. And if they want to make the queues now then it should be applicable to new applicants. They are playing with the people by specifying a common date on the website and discriminating amongst the applications. Also they do not have a right to keep sitting on our hard earned ORIGINAL documents for an indefinite period. Had we known this kind of irresponsible response from HO we surely would have tried immigrating to another country and given them the benefit of our talent and the experience. :x

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:57 pm

I agree with you that more informative communications, and more consistent communications, should be made a priority goal of the Home Office.