ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirnat

Waiting time for ILR

Post by mirnat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:25 pm

My husband's 2 year spouse visa expires on 13th March and we've sent off his application for ILR by special delivery on 24th February. Home Office has already taken payment but just wondered what's people's recent experiences of how long it takes them to process applications for ILR? I notice their website gives 20 working days but I've a feeling that they might take longer... We're hoping to travel abroad in May but obviously can't unless he's received his passport back and a positive ILR decision!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Around 12 weeks at present if straightforward. What date did your husband first enter the UK on his visa?

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:18 pm

I suspected it might be that long which was why I was trying to convince my husband to pay the extra £200 and each of us take a day off work to attend in person! Oh well, it's done now!

He first entered the UK using his spouse visa on 24th March 2007 and it expires on 13th March 2009 so we were told to apply from between 24th February 2009 to 13th March 2009.

Hopefully ours is a straightforward case - we both work full-time, none of us gets any benefits, got a joint tenancy, joint bank account, numerous bills in each of our names, he passed his Life in the UK test etc. In the 2 years that he's been here on a spouse visa we've applied twice for a Schengen visa and once for a visa to Canada and each time he's got the visas he's asked for as all our paperwork that was submitted with each application was in order - the same as it has been for the ILR application! It's still a bit nervewracking waiting though but nothing else to do but wait!

fahad

Applying for ILR

Post by fahad » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi. I am applying for ILR in couple of month time as you already applied could you please tell me what kind of document I need to support my application.

I read on web site document should spread over 2 years time whats that mean. whole two years bank statement and other document like that.

I be grateful if you guide me on this matter.

Regards

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:49 am

Well I don't know about all the categories in which you can apply for ILR but with the spouse visa we did send about 2 years worth of bank statements and payslips to show our financial means. They ask for only 6 documents in loint names or addressed to you individually at the same address spread over 2 years so we included for example a phone bill from when my husband first entered the UK in March 2007, then some joint bank statements for the latter part of 2007, then another phone bill from mid 2008, some other documents (e.g. joint AA membership letter, joint travel insurance) from the latter part of 2008 and a joint bank statement from January 2009 just to show that we've had paperwork addressed to both of us since March 2007 and that they can see from these letters etc that we have been living together continuously for the last 2 years. We also provided 2 years worth of tenancy agreements (for six months each time). I think someone told me when they applied for ILR in person that they asked to see papers from the beginning of when they were together, something from the middle period and then another letter in the last month to check they've been together for the whole 2 years - hope that helps!

fahad

Post by fahad » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:06 am

Thank you very much for your time and sending me useful information. I am applying ILR on behalf of spouse visa. The list of document I enter below. Could you please have a look and let me that these are good enough for ILR application.

The documents you need to show cohabitation over 2 years can include bank statement so want about bank statement to show your finance. Do I need to send different bank statement to show my finance or one joint statement will cover both requirements?

Process time for ILR application

1. GP letter that I registered with him as spouse dated 04/ 2007
2. My wife change her surname letter dated 06/2007
3. ]Joint housing Agreement dated 11/07
4. Phone bill on my name dated Jan to March 2008
5. Gas bills on joint name dated April to July 2008
6. Electricity bill on joint name dated July to Oct 2008
7. Joint bank account dated Nov to March 2009 ( can same bank statement show finance and cover cohabitation period)

Best regards

fahad

kashiff
Newly Registered

Post by kashiff » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:47 pm

hi mirnat
can u tell me wich ducoments did u submit for canada visa for ur husband?

because i am going to apply canada visa next month!
thanks

narcheskauk
Newly Registered

Post by narcheskauk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:03 pm

I sent my app on Jan 27 and when I called last Monday they said that they 'cannot comment on the progress of any application until 14 weeks have passed.' They said they were currently processing app's dated 7 Dec.

When I told them that their website says '70% will be processed in 20 working days' they replied 'They are guidelines only.' So why put guidelines if they're not going to stick to them?!?

misha06
Newly Registered

Post by misha06 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:45 pm

My wife (Russian) appied for her ILR last year via the post and it was back in 28 days.

We applied for citizenship mid november last year and it was approved inside 2 months.

However a friend of hers also Russian, exactly the same circumstances and sent the same docs applied for ILR about the same time last year and it took 3 months.

It seems there are no hard and fast rules with timescale.

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks for the extra input about your timescales on ILR applications - I suspected that it might take as long as 3 months, it's been about 5 weeks so far and nothing! I agree, why put up guidelines if most of the time they don't stick to them - I guess nothing to do but wait and see if we hear back within the 14 weeks! It's annoying though because we can't book any holidays until we get the outcome, whenever that might be!

kashiff as for documents for the Canadian visa (we applied for a tourist one) - usual rules apply, bank statements, payslips, proof of return ticket, travel insurance and hotel booking - I think that was it - good luck! At least the Canadian High Commission decided quickly, within a week!

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 am

Thanks for the extra input about your timescales on ILR applications - I suspected that it might take as long as 3 months, it's been about 5 weeks so far and nothing! I agree, why put up guidelines if most of the time they don't stick to them - I guess nothing to do but wait and see if we hear back within the 14 weeks! It's annoying though because we can't book any holidays until we get the outcome, whenever that might be!

kashiff as for documents for the Canadian visa (we applied for a tourist one) - usual rules apply, bank statements, payslips, proof of return ticket, travel insurance and hotel booking - I think that was it - good luck! At least the Canadian High Commission decided quickly, within a week!

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 am