ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Next week -Doc check- Urgent help- Please Reply

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giridharpn
Newly Registered

Applying Next week -Doc check- Urgent help- Please Reply

Post by giridharpn » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:27 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
I am applying next week. This is how my covering letter would look like and these are the documents I am going to submit.
I have a few queries- Is it okay to apply for the dependent at the time of applying for the Tier-1? If I do so, is the dependent exempt from any visa fees? If the dependent's visa is free, I will include my spouse when I apply for tier-1 else I plan to state that my dependent will join me 6 months after I come to UK.

My passport expires this month 3 yrs from now. Will my Tier-1 be given till the expiration of my passport or 3 yrs from the time they stamp?

I got an email that I can submit the notarized copy against the difference in names. I have also got a letter from the Univs. This weekend I plan to get all the bank statements from the banks in their official letter heads and the IT returns-2008 and submit max by Wednesday.
If I tell them I plan to enter in June will that create a problem with respect to ther change in policy?

Kindly let me know any tips after looking into the covering letter.
I owe a lot to this forum. Thanks a Ton.

Covering letter-

From

To
The Visa Officer
British High Commission
Chennai

Dear Sir/Madam,
Sub: Application for Tier-1 (General)

I, ******, wish to make an application for ‘Tier-1 (General)-Highly skilled worker’ of the Points Based System (PBS).
I have claimed 95 points in the attributes section, 10 points for English requirement and 10 points for maintenance funds on the self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.
I am planning to come to the UK in the month of June 2009 and I am submitting the following documents mentioned below.

Points Claimed: 20

Qualification & English Language Requirement:

1. Degree Certificate from **** University
2. Official Transcript from ***** University
3. Letter from the university certifying the name in the degree and the name in the passport
4. Letter from the University stating the degree was taught in English
5. Notary certificate stating the name in the degree belongs to me

Points Claimed: 30 (Bachelor’s Degree) + 10 (English Language)

Previous Earnings:

1. Salary Stack from **** (Previous Employer)
2. Pay slips from ***** from Jan 2008 to March 2008
3. Salary Stack from (Current Employer)
4. Appointment letter from current employer
5. Pay slips from ***** from April 2008 to December 2008
6. BankStatements Jan 2008 to Mar 2008 for the salaries paid for these months
7. Bank statement A/C No:**** for the salary paid for the month April 2008
8. ICICI Bank Statement A/C No.: for the salary paid for the months May 2008 to December 2008
9. IT Returns for the last 2 yrs.
A. P-60 form for year ended 2007
B. IT filed in India for Mar 2008
10. Previous earning calculation excel

Points Claimed: 45

Maintenance Funds:

1. ICICI Bank A/C No.: xxxxxxxxx for the months December 2008 to March 2009.(Lowest Amount on MM/DD/YYYY: Rs: )
2. HDFC Bank A/C No.: (Lowest amount on MM/DD/YYYY: Rs )
3. HDFC Bank A/C No.: Lowest amount on MM/DD/YYYY Rs )
4. Citibank A/C No.:

Points Claimed: 10

Other Related Documents:

1. Print out from Oanada website on 27th Dec 2008 (i.e the day the salary was credited in Dec 2008)
2. Calculation of my previous earnings
3. Skill assessment from Points Calculator
4. Refusal letter from my previous application
5. Hotel accommodation in the UK in the month of June 2009
6. Email communication regarding submiting the notarizxed copy for the difference in the names.

giridharpn
Newly Registered

Post by giridharpn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi All,
Can you please let me know if these docs are ok?
Got answers about the dependents from VFS.
Seems we need to show them sufficient balance even if we are planning to get the dependents within 12 months- though we are not applying for the dependents.

Thanks

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:33 pm

The list of documents looks fine and quite comprehensive!

Your visa will be granted for three years regardless of the date of expiry of your passport. If your passport expires before the date on your visa, then you will need to renew your passport, and you can have the visa transferred to the new passport for a fee. This is not compulsory, and you can avoid the fee, by simply using both your old and new passports together instead.

The change in policy will not affect you if you apply before April 1st, regardless of you entering the country after that date. i.e. the date of application determines which criteria you will need to meet.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Make sure that you are taking an appointment, its heavy rush in VFS.I reached bangalore VFS today 8.10AM, was not able to apply today because of the rush

giridharpn
Newly Registered

Post by giridharpn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks for your reply.
Sure, I will take the appointment with VFS sometime next week.
I need to get few bank statements which I will be doing today.
And also the IT return has been filed and I am waiting for the proof (which I sud b getting in 2-3 days)

Reg. the application forms:
It is VAF 9 PBS and Appendix 1. The VFS told me I need to file form 46 if I am showing IT returns.They said the form will be available with them.
Kindly correct me if anything else is required.
Photocopy: 1st page of passport.(Anything else is reqd?)