ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am Illegal in ireland ... Plz Help !!!!!!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sameer_naughti
Newly Registered

I am Illegal in ireland ... Plz Help !!!!!!!!!

Post by sameer_naughti » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Hy friends i cam in ireland in 2004 on student visa but later i was illegal with no visa extension but now i am married to EU CITIZEN in ireland my wife is living here with me ....and plz can u suggest me that if i apply for EU1 residency application .....am i entitled to remain and i get visa ..or ..i had to go back to my home country and apply from dere ...plz need ur help ...

sameer_naughti
Newly Registered

Help needed

Post by sameer_naughti » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:40 pm

plz write here if somone have knowlege of this ...... it will b helpful to me thanx all friends

Nehro
Ireland

Re: Help needed

Post by Nehro » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 pm

sameer_naughti wrote:plz write here if somone have knowlege of this ...... it will b helpful to me thanx all friends
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=36400

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: I am Illegal in ireland ... Plz Help !!!!!!!!!

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:44 pm

sameer_naughti wrote:Hy friends i cam in ireland in 2004 on student visa but later i was illegal with no visa extension but now i am married to EU CITIZEN in ireland my wife is living here with me ....and plz can u suggest me that if i apply for EU1 residency application .....am i entitled to remain and i get visa ..or ..i had to go back to my home country and apply from dere ...plz need ur help ...
Yes. Apply using form EU1.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 pm

(sent by PM)..
sameer_naughti wrote:hiya i hope u doing well
You Sid Yes it means i have to leave ireland anf apply from my home country or i can live here with my wife and apply here my eu1 .??
Apologies Sameer, I wasn't clear. There is no need to leave the country. Your residence in Ireland became legal, the moment you got married to your EU citizen wife (assuming that your wife is working, self-employed, studying or is self-sufficient).

For a Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card, as confirmation of your right to reside, you are required to apply using form EU1, to the EU Treaty Rights Section of the Department of Justice. Your Residence Card will be issue within 6 months.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: I am Illegal in ireland ... Plz Help !!!!!!!!!

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:30 pm

sameer_naughti wrote:Hy friends i cam in ireland in 2004 on student visa but later i was illegal with no visa extension but now i am married to EU CITIZEN in ireland my wife is living here with me ....and plz can u suggest me that if i apply for EU1 residency application .....am i entitled to remain and i get visa ..or ..i had to go back to my home country and apply from dere ...plz need ur help ...
Sameer,

Is your wife working?

gani999

Post by gani999 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:46 pm

I don't know about the rules in Ireland and UK, but in the rest of EU, you'll need to show that you have lived with your wife for at least three years, before you can claim any EU residence based on her citizenship.

I know for a fact that people in Smaeer's situation have been suspected of being involved in an immgration racket, and have been deported.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 pm

gani999 wrote:I don't know about the rules in Ireland and UK, but in the rest of EU, you'll need to show that you have lived with your wife for at least three years, before you can claim any EU residence based on her citizenship.

I know for a fact that people in Smaeer's situation have been suspected of being involved in an immgration racket, and have been deported.
If the marriage is genuine, there is no requirement to "have lived with your wife for at least three years, before you can claim any EU residence based on her citizenship".

However, Sameer has not yet indicated whether or not his wife is exercising a Treaty right. If she isn't, neither she nor Sameer may have a right to reside in Ireland.

sameer_naughti
Newly Registered

sammi

Post by sameer_naughti » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:18 pm

yes benifa we were married july 2007 and we living in ireland and she is working from more than 6 months now ,, in ireland ...

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: sammi

Post by Ben » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:48 pm

sameer_naughti wrote:yes benifa we were married july 2007 and we living in ireland and she is working from more than 6 months now ,, in ireland ...
Then you are both legally resident in Ireland in accordance with the provisions of Directive 2004/38/EC.

Submit your EU1 application ASAP, for a Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen (Stamp 4 EUFam), as confirmation of the rights which you already hold.

zuz
Newly Registered

hi

Post by zuz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi sameer.
We were in the very similar situation before, you have to do the following:
1. apply for EU1
2. you will receive a confirmation slip in about 3 weeks
3. go to your local garda officer with the slip
4. he has to issue you with registration card stamp 3
5. wait up to 6 months to receive a confirmation letter from dept. of justice
6. go to local gardai to obtain your stamp EU 4 FAM

good luck!

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by Ben » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:32 pm

zuz wrote:4. he has to issue you with registration card stamp 3
This used to be the case, but the practise was unlawful.

Stamp 4 is what Directive 2004/38/EC requires, and this is what now being issued, with six months validity, until the issuance of the EU1 approval.

alooma

if u dont know [b]SHUT UP!!

Post by alooma » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:58 pm

we dont need people like gani999 on this forum who give people misleading info if u dont know SHUT UP!!! and let others answer the question,weldone benfica&others