ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 1 Dependent work freely after new rule (1st April)?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Can Tier 1 Dependent work freely after new rule (1st April)?

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi,
I am in great doubt that the dependent will be allowed to work freely as the Tier 1 holder. I know it was the situation with the exiting rules but after April 1st, I heard that many rules are changed and updated, so got this doubt. Please clarify. Me and my wife are going to apply on 16th and need to clarify this as soon as we can. please help.

Thanks,

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Somebody please help me.

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Ohio,

At the moment there is no such recommendation to apply work restrictions for the dependents (Other please conform). How ever to what i have read they will review the situation on the same and then will make a decision on the outcome. So it will take time.. but again there will be lots of concerns..

Regards,

NK

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Ohio_Fireblade wrote:Somebody please help me.
Dont worry.. Current changes will not affect dependent(s) working... instead there is going to be a new Immigration fee (£250 in addition to what we pay for the visa ) for immigrants including dependents applying for entry/extension of visa. Check out the below link...

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2009/pdf/uk ... 421_en.pdf

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help.

But what is the £250 fee for? To work or to apply ILR?

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 pm

vignezh, No offence please... but have you actually read the document?

I am aware that the tier-1 fee is increasing from next month (to £850) and they are adding £50 extra for each dependent.. but what is this £250 "Immigration fee " you are talking about?

cannot see any thing in the document.. apologies for inconvinience.. but can you please copy and paste the text?

vignezh wrote:
Ohio_Fireblade wrote:Somebody please help me.
Dont worry.. Current changes will not affect dependent(s) working... instead there is going to be a new Immigration fee (£250 in addition to what we pay for the visa ) for immigrants including dependents applying for entry/extension of visa. Check out the below link...

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2009/pdf/uk ... 421_en.pdf

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:06 pm

edited... pls ignore
Last edited by vignezh on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

The whole document is titled as The Immigration and Nationality (Cost Recovery Fees) Regulations 2009[/img]

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 pm

dude thats the whole doc.. and i really dont intend to challenge your reading skills.. can you please copy few lines on your statement "new Immigration fee (£250 in addition to what we pay for the visa )" it will be really helpful to others...

sorry for inconvinience again.. and this time please dont make it bold..

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:29 pm

nksg wrote:dude thats the whole doc.. and i really dont intend to challenge your reading skills.. can you please copy few lines on your statement "new Immigration fee (£250 in addition to what we pay for the visa )" it will be really helpful to others...

sorry for inconvinience again.. and this time please dont make it bold..
I do understand that reading the whole document is really tiring and confusing... thats why I gave the link to the website... you can read it yourself, when you got spare time... but my point is... there is this possibility of immigration fees being charged from immigrants very soon... which could be around £250. this was also on the newspapers recently...

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:43 pm

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:44 pm

nksg wrote:u talking about something like ?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=36813
Thats correct... but the figures on this pdf is higher ranging from £125 to £275...

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 am

Hi Ohio_Fireblade,

Currently Home Office has requested an independent Migration Advisory Committee to review the benefits that the dependent bring to the country. Based on the outcome of the review, they might - MIGHT - consider not to give 'Authorised to Work' right to dependants. However, I doubt if they can revoke the rights to those who had been already given the right as it will create a lots of issues - joint mortgage etc. etc. But again, we can be sure of anything. If you want to live with peace of mind, I'd suggest you to go and get yours or your wife's visa done.

Cheers
Gita.

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks Gita!

That is what I was wondering. They cannot revoke the dependents in UK already as it may bring forth lots of confusion and commotion.

Anyway thanks to all.