ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's the last date to apply before new rules?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavin_IT

What's the last date to apply before new rules?

Post by bhavin_IT » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi,

I would like to know what is the last date to apply before new rule implementation? i think its before 1st of April but one of the immigration service provider suggested me i have to apply by 18th of march.

Can someone make it clear pplzzzzzzzzz....

Thanks,

dextar

Post by dextar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 am

Its 1st April.
Jacqui Smith announced three significant changes to support British workers and to be more selective about the migrants coming to the United Kingdom from outside the EEA. From 1 April the Government will:

* strengthen the resident labour market test for tier 2 skilled jobs so that employers must advertise jobs to resident workers through JobCentre Plus before they can bring in a worker from outside Europe;
* use each shortage occupation list to trigger skills reviews that focus on up-skilling resident workers for these occupations, which will make the United Kingdom less dependent on migration for the future; and
* tighten new criteria against which highly skilled migrants seeking entry to the United Kingdom are judged, by raising the qualifications and salary required for tier 1 (General) of the PBS to a Master's degree and a minimum salary of £20,000.

Also read this link and this

bhavin_IT

Post by bhavin_IT » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:55 am

thanks a lot mate.......

bhavin_IT

Post by bhavin_IT » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:56 am

thanks a lot mate.......

suds19

Post by suds19 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 am

from 1st april new rules comes into effect, so last date has to be 31st march